Spam Settings

First, love the new spam settings page. But I have some feature requests:

• Spam and ham auto-learn threasholds. I know this can be done from the advanced page, but I’d like to see it as a regular option. I’m sure your average user won’t use it, but for advanced users who don’t want to worry about training (yes I know, advanced users = advanced settings) it would be very handy to have a pair of text boxes / spinners.

• Ability to enable BOTH move to Spam and Delete options. If something scores 20 on spam test, I can just have it auto-delete. If it scores within a few points of my threshold, I’d like to take a look at it before deleting.

[QUOTE=CMI;12291] - Ability to enable BOTH move to Spam and Delete options. If something scores 20 on spam test, I can just have it auto-delete. If it scores within a few points of my threshold, I’d like to take a look at it before deleting.[/QUOTE]Doesn’t it do this already? I guess the [?] could explain it better but I just assume that if you select to delete at a certain threshold it will delete it, but if its below that threshold it will move it to the spam box if it exist.

If it works like that I’d be happy :slight_smile: But as writen, if a message isn’t going to be deleted, its going to be thrown in the inbox as normal.

I see, agreed, as it’s written this isn’t clear. If you choose the “Delete Spam scored higher than this value” option, spam that is above your “Spam Score Threshold” but below the “delete” treshold will still be tagged as spam and delivered to the Spam IMAP folder, if it exists (otherwise it gets delivered to the inbox).

Here’s an example.

Spam Score Treshold: 5
Delete if score higher than: 15
Spam imap folder exists

spam message comes in, spam score is 10. Message gets delivered to Spam imap folder
spam message comes in, spam score is 16. Message gets deleted.
spam message comes in, spam score is 4. Message gets delivered to the inbox

Paul

You’ve just made my day!

So you’ll tweak the wording before release, right :slight_smile:

Yes. Do you have a recommendation for the wording that that would make it both clear and concise?

You just had to put me on the spot :slight_smile: Just the quick addition to the help text would do, since cluttering up settings pages sucks.

Oh and proof your help text guys :slight_smile: (I shouldn’t talk…)

I think the change CMI suggested would definitely help.

For me I understood it would be like that b/c it seemed logical and well the Iworx guys are pretty logical :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion CMI, and yes, proof-reading is ever so fun. It’s amazing how eyes just glaze over and productivity drops to 0 after a hour or so of that :slight_smile:

Paul

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;12373]Thanks for the suggestion CMI, and yes, proof-reading is ever so fun. It’s amazing how eyes just glaze over and productivity drops to 0 after a hour or so of that :slight_smile:

Paul[/QUOTE]

You can make it an hour? I can’t finish a sentence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: