Using Nodeworx, I turned SpamAssassin on, then using Siteworx on the user account, I turned SpamAssassin on as well with the following settings:
- Deliver to Spam IMAP Folder (if one exists) or Inbox
- Spam Score Threshold = 5
- Rewrite Message Subject: SPAM
- Message Attachment Policy: Create a new report message and attach the original spam message as an attachment (default)
There was absolutely NO change in my incoming emails (no Spam indicators, even though I’m still getting massive amounts of spam email.
To test it further, I then set the Spam Score Threshold to “1” so that most email would be counted as Spam. There still has been absolutely NO Spam indicators coming to my email.
It doesn’t seem to be working at all.
I checked my server to see if SpamAssasin is actually running and it is:
[root@vps /]# ps ax | grep spamd
5158 ? Ss 0:04 /usr/bin/spamd -d -q -x -u spamd -m10
5951 ? S 0:05 spamd child
3254 ? S 0:09 spamd child
13495 ttyp0 R+ 0:00 grep spamd
NOTE: Before upgrading to Interworx version 3, SpamAssasin was working properly. I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not, or if the new control panel settings have something to do with it??
Does anyone have any ideas here?
There’s nothing in v3 that should make spamassassin just stop working. I think the first thing to check is if spamassassin is scanning messages at all. Even non-spam messages should have have a SpamAssassin message in the header of the e-mail, starting with
X-Spam-Status: <misc info here>
If even that isn’t there, either e-mail scanning isn’t set up right, or it’s failing for some reason before it can get scanned.
My email headers do show what you were speaking of.
Would you be willing to look at the headers to see if you can determine what may be wrong?
Below is a recent example… Thanks!
Subject: Re: Sat Night
Date: August 15, 2007 12:43:33 PM EDT
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.9 (2007-02-13) on vps.paideiahome.net
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.4 required=1.0 tests=AWL,BAYES_00, UNPARSEABLE_RELAY autolearn=ham version=3.1.9
Received: (qmail 9850 invoked by uid 108); 15 Aug 2007 16:43:44 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO email1.moody.edu) (18.104.22.168) by vps.paideiahome.net with SMTP; 15 Aug 2007 16:43:44 -0000
Received: from conversion-daemon.email1.moody.edu by email1.moody.edu (Sun Java™ System Messaging Server 6.3-3.01 (built Jul 12 2007; 32bit)) id <0JMT00A00QEI3P00@email1.DOMAIN.edu> for Clair@DOMAIN.com; Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:43:33 -0500 (CDT)
Received: from moody.edu ([127.0.0.1]) by email1.moody.edu (Sun Java™ System Messaging Server 6.3-3.01 (built Jul 12 2007; 32bit)) with ESMTP id <0JMT00GEDQGLWMC0@email1.DOMAIN.edu> for Clair@DOMAIN.com; Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:43:33 -0500 (CDT)
Received: from [22.214.171.124] by email1.moody.edu (mshttpd); Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:43:33 -0400
Received-Spf: pass (vps.paideiahome.net: SPF record at moody.edu designates 126.96.36.199 as permitted sender)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
X-Mailer: Sun Java™ System Messenger Express 6.3-3.01 (built Jul 12 2007; 32bit)
References: <7dd29aac1b49e55f.46c1b1af@DOMAIN.edu> <3C2CF919-0B55-4EF9-8FF7-C727E8BE9B0C@DOMAIN.com>
It’s working as normal, but this just isn’t marked as SPAM.
X-Spam-Status: No, [B]score=-2.4[/B] required=1.0 tests=AWL,BAYES_00, UNPARSEABLE_RELAY autolearn=ham version=3.1.9
The score is -2.4 and you have it set to 1.0