SpamAssassin, "internal emails", and DOS_OUTLOOK_TO_MX

I have a user that has had to set their spam threshold lower and some internal emails (from other users within the domain) are getting flagged as spam.

There are two issues, one, the RBL score:

3.3 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
                            [xx.xx.xx.xx listed in zen.spamhaus.org]

Not sure what can be done about this? I assume it’s checking the users home IP address since it’s an internal mail going right to the end mail server (since the SMTP and Incoming are the same server).

The second is something that should be correctable, the DOS_OUTLOOK_TO_MX OR 2.5 DOS_OE_TO_MX

2.5 DOS_OE_TO_MX           Delivered direct to MX with OE headers

Any ideas? Maybe some way to check for this in the maildrop script before even calling SA?

I see the following variables I thought I’d be able to use, but they are empty.

import TCPLOCALIP
import TCPREMOTEIP

Any idea how make these variables work?

Also, I’ve read that setting internal_networks and/or trusted_networks would help resolve some of the issue, but doesn’t seem to have any effect.

I added trusted_networks through NodeWorx and added internal_networks directly to the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file.

Also, I’ve read that setting internal_networks and/or trusted_networks would help resolve some of the issue, but doesn’t seem to have any effect.

I added trusted_networks through NodeWorx and added internal_networks directly to the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file.

For now I’ve just lowered the scores that are affecting the internal spam. Probably not the best method, but I’ll change it back when I figure out the better way.

Also, the way to set the score is a little different than shown in this old thread: http://forums.interworx.com/showthread.php?p=19764#post19764

You select “score” from the drop down and then put TEST_NAME score.