SpamAssassin not working after update to 3.4.2 5.rhe7x.iworx

It appears the service is running, but mail is no longer being routed through the scanner which started happening right after the time of my update. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi Justin

I hope your well

Sorry is there an IW update available (RC) as there were none this morning for me

Many thanks

John

This was mainly mail component updates…
apf
interworx-bin
qmail-pop3d
courier-imap
spamassassin
qmail

EDIT: Also, but the update in the subject line of this post was specific for SA, not IW. Also, seeing as how qmail was updated as well, that could be part of the issue and not directly related to SA, but the virus scanner is still working so that’s why I thought it was an SA issue.

Hi Justin

Sorry just checked one of our Centos7 servers, and the only update to IW was SA. (spamassassin a spam filter for which can be invoked by mail delivery agents 3.4.2 5.rhe7x.iworx interworx-release/7/x86_64 2019-02-05 21:35:59)

I then looked up the code to test SA for spam filtering/detection, which you need to use an email account outside of your network to run the test with. The following below was the result of this test, which was detected and not delivered to the email account

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Code to insert into an email body to test SA

XJSC4JDBQADN1.NSBN32IDNENGTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAILC.34X

Result of my test using above code

Feb 6 18:31:00 7hi spamd[23163]: spamd: identified spam (1000.5/10.0) for <recipient email address>:243 in 1.6 seconds, 4119 bytes.
Feb 6 18:31:00 7hi spamd[23163]: spamd: result: Y 1000 - DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,DKIM_VALID_AU,GTUBE,HTML_ME SSAGE,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW,RDNS_NONE scantime=1.6,size=4119,user=<recipient email address>,uid=243,required_scor e=10.0,rhost=::1,raddr=::1,rport=34065,mid=,autole arn=disabled

I was checking email headers and basically the emails were not being scanned at all. So even doing this test, the email would have gone through because the emails never saw SA. I contacted my support who contacted IW and now it’s working. I haven’t heard back on the support ticket just yet, but maybe it was just a random fluke with my server and now and update issues with this version of SA.

Hi Justin

Kudos to IW and glad it?s working

Appreciate an update if you find the reason so it may help others

Just a thought, if your running RC, IW are changing to Dovcote, so maybe it was connected to that

Many thanks

John

I’m just on the regular setup, the only thing I’ve done is upgrade to MariaDB 10.x, which looks to be related to my problem. On the server you have with the the 3.4.2 SA which is working fine after update, does that one have the vanilla MariaDB or is yours updated as well?

Hi Justin

It has MariaDB 10 but the exact version I would need to check tommorow if alright and we always set to run on separate drives

Hope that?s alright and I?ll post version tommorow unless I have time tonight

Many thanks

John

Hi Justin

It is MariaDB 10.2 - see picture

Many thanks

John

mariadb.png