Steadfast Networks: Iworx reseller DC Review

Linkage: www.steadfastnetworks.com

Steadfast is an offical Iworx reseller (it’s on the Iworx webpage) which makes them a good move for anyone that is already using Iworx. Don’t get me wrong you can install Iworx on just about any linux server at any DC, but its nice having it supported by the DC itself.

Just wanted to let everyone know about my move to Steadfast networks from my old host. So far the support has been great (almost as good as InterWorx :wink: ). I ran into a few bumps, but nothing too extreme and nothing that was Steadfast fault. My transfer with Iworx backup and import went pretty smooth and now have a much better server for not too much more $$$ :smiley:

Their network is super fast and I’ve on been a customer for a little over a month, but so far have not seen any outages (and I’m on the computer A LOT). The 100mbit uplink isn’t to shabby either :wink:

Also, it’s nice having a host that offers remote reboot instead of just advertising that they do .

So anyone that isn’t happy with the current DC or just needs to upgrade without melting their credit card should definately check out Steadfast.

I will update this thread in a few months to have a more expanded view…

Thanks for the comments, Justin. I’ve been getting a lot of people asking about alternative data centers offering IWorx the past couple months. Anyone else who has experiene with SteadFast or anyone else (especially our reseller-partners) should feel free to post a review here. While we really try to avoid suggesting one over the other, it’s nice to have a review by a third party to refer them to :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments, Justin. I’ve been getting a lot of people asking about alternative data centers offering IWorx the past couple months. Anyone else who has experiene with SteadFast or anyone else (especially our reseller-partners) should feel free to post a review here. While we really try to avoid suggesting one over the other, it’s nice to have a review by a third party to refer them to :slight_smile:

Thanks for the review, will be looking forward to your updates, might be time to move in a couple of months if your still having luck with them.

The remote reboot will be nice when SSH is down aswell so I dont have to wai 30 mins - 3 hours for a reboot. Though if you call it seems to get done faster then via the support ticket system with the DC I am at now.

DedicatedSystems.net is #1 in my book

As long as people are bragging about their hosting companies…

I had a server at one of those popular bargain server places…but when the power supply went out it took them 5 days to get me going again. I went to popular bargain server place number two and had the same kind of poor service.

I have an Interworx server I got from WAASI, Inc (www.dedicatedsystems.net) for about a year now and it’s has been great. I have not had any downtime at all since I moved. The service is great and a real human answers the phone. They have remote reboot equipment. I have logged into it but never had a need to reboot my machine using it.

My server has hardware based RAID drives and they delegate full DNS reverse to my server so I don’t have to wait for somebody else to do it. I needed a couple of extra IP numbers and they gave them to me. Great folks to work with.

After I signed up with them I learned that they are one of the oldest real hosting companies. They
rated in the top 5 in the Network Computing Magazine hosting shootout a while back.
http://www.networkcomputing.com/923/923f1scorem.html

It is certainly a step up from what I am used to. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the read

George