Subdomain issues

Hi.
So I recently created a subdomain and I can’t access it via subdomain.domain.com, but it works as intended when I use domain.com/subdomain.
Can anyone help with this issue?

Hi

Was a CNAME created for the subdomain ?

Hello,
Yes, a CNAME record was created with the main domain as the alias.

Hi

Then I would confirm Apache restarted after the new vhost file was updated

Then I would go through the steps of checking the vhost files

If there is nothing of importance try recreating the issue
By deleting the subdomain and redoing it
If it persists it could be another underlying problem and you maybe best lodging a ticket

How should I go about doing those?
I can’t find the vhost files and I don’t know how I can check if the server restarted.

Hello–

You would need root access to the server in order to view the vhosts files or see if Apache was restarted. Do you have access to the server, directly, as root? Or are you a customer of a hosting provider and only have access to SiteWorx for your account?

Can you provide a specific example of a subdomain that has a live cname record that you are unable to access?

Thanks,
-Jenna

Hello,

I am only a customer at a hosting site, should I message them directly if this doesn’t work out?

Also, the subdomain in question is cleanexpert.knm.hu.

Hello–

Your hosting provider would be your best point of contact, yes. I am not seeing a working/propagated CNAME record for that subdomain at all:

root@jswisher-laptop:/mnt/c/Users/Jennifer Swisher# dig cname cleanexpert.knm.hu

; <<>> DiG 9.16.1-Ubuntu <<>> cname cleanexpert.knm.hu
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 3543
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
; COOKIE: dd1a65cc0f9e05b513549acf6578a2c484070fed90179610 (good)
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cleanexpert.knm.hu.            IN      CNAME

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
knm.hu.                 55      IN      SOA     ns1.iworx-host.com. admin.iworx-host.com. 1687683003 43200 7200 604800 14400

;; Query time: 39 msec
;; SERVER: 10.20.7.126#53(10.20.7.126)
;; WHEN: Tue Dec 12 13:13:29 EST 2023
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 135

root@jswisher-laptop:/mnt/c/Users/Jennifer Swisher#

There really isn’t much assistance that can be provided, here, as someone who actually has access to the server will need to look into it for you, to make sure that everything is working properly, DNS-wise, that the subdomain was created correctly, the DNS record was creating correctly, etc.

Your hosting provider is the only person who will be able to assist you.

Thanks,
-Jenna

Thank you for the help, I will conact them about the issue.