After working with Nodeworx and Siteworx, here are what I consider “user friendly” features to implement.
- Ability to change user-level up & down. For example, from System administrator to reseller to end-user without having to logout. This way you can change IPs on the system, move to a reseller account and change domains there without having to logout and then login as reseller.
- Ability to export accounts and packages so that a system restore is more or less “easy” in case of need.
- Ability to make statistics “public” by placing them down the “public_html” folder if wanted by the user. This way a user can show colleagues his stats without giving them access to his account.
- Ability to point domains not to another domain, but to a folder inside a domain. That way you could have a “Site coming soon” page under your main domain, and point sites under construction to this folder/file until ready to go live.
- Ability to delete the default ftp account. This will reduce the possibility of people trying to gain access. I might be paranoid, but I’ll sleep better thinking there is no account to try to get in.
- Ability tu update the language file, INSTEAD of having to delete it and then reupload it!
- Show bandwith average and totals in the front page in numeric display. Sort of “Today: 3GB total, 158KB/s av. Week: 30GB, 125KB/s av, Month: 158GB, 113KB/s av”
I’ll add more as I come up with stuff
Keep on with the good work!