Viewing folder contents

Hello
I am new to Interworx after a long time using CPanel so sorry for a newbie question.
I created a folder in my public_html folder for a site on my VPS. I wanted to make some files available for download. The uploaded files could not be seen after entering the URL into the browser. Customer support replied:
"The server does not show the list of files in a folder for security reasons and it is called indexing. I enabled indexing only for the folder so you can view the files. If you need to do this for another folder, then you can add a .htaccess file and added the following line into the file:

Options +Indexes

Then you should be able to view the content of the folder."

Well, that worked but where is the place for enabling the indexing? I can’t see any htaccess file in my download folder so how did the support tech enable the indexing? I have searched all over the place including in this forum but I can’t find an answer.

Hi Maijo

Welcome to IW forums

You need to change file manager to show hidden files

login to your siteworx account, click file manager, settings, preferences, change hidden files to show and save.

I usually like to close file manager and reopen and you can then see hidden files, such as .htaccess etc…

Many thanks

John

Success! Sorry, maybe I should have tried harder to work that out myself. Your very prompt and effective answer is greatly appreciated, thank you.