Violation: Mail server host name in greeting

When using a DNS Report tool at this site: http://www.dnsreport.com/

I get a few “FAIL” and many “WARNINGS”, one being the following on ALL my sites created via Interworx:

“Mail server host name in greeting”

"WARNING: One or more of your mailservers may be claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). This probably won’t cause any harm, but may be a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1).

mail.mywebsite.com claims to be host InterWorx-CP."

Why?

One instance of the mail server can’t pretend to be a proper mail server for all domains, so as much as I like to adhere to standards, were all just stuck on this one. The mail server has no way of knowing what it should pretend to be when someone connects to it, so there really isn’t even a workaround as far as I know (other than to leave out the name).

InterWorx COULD say that every domain’s mail exchange is its hostname (worxnoo.nexcess.net in my case) but then people would be unhappy that their mail exchange isn’t under there domain.

I’m curious about the FAILs.

RWF. Take all DNS reports with a grain of salt. We ran iworx-cp through dns reports before we ever released it to thwart these types of questions and none of the FAILs were critical.

Chris

suspect mail loop

I can’t get my mail

Everything seem to be correct but i have those mistake…

WARN Glue at parent nameservers
WARN Nameservers on separate class C’s
WARN SPF record
WARN SOA REFRESH value

and the one how’s responsable for me (i gess)
i have a part of this in my undelivery mail

WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then the host name). This probably won’t cause any harm, but is a technical violation of RFC821 4.3 (and RFC2821 4.3.1). Note that the hostname given in the SMTP greeting should have an A record pointing back to the same server.

mx2.domainnames.be claims to be invalid hostname ‘gaston’:
220 gaston ESMTP Exim 4.20 Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:12:35 +0100
mx1.domainnames.be claims to be non-existent host barabas.kmoware.com:
220 barabas.kmoware.com ESMTP Exim 4.20 Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:22:24 +0100

what the hell is this Gaston, barbaras,…