Webalizer - View All Referrers not working

I believe I brought this up right after I switched to Interworx, but I can’t seem to find the post, so I’ll post it alone here as a bug, which I believe it is.

When I view my Webalizer stats through Interworx, it “only” shows a configured number of Total URL’s, Total Entry Pages, Referrers, Search Strings, etc. These numbers can be set in the webalizer-custom.conf which is good.

However last month one of my sites had 4726106 hits and 148072 unique visitors, slow month usually 10-30% more. Anyways for that month I had 16726 Referrers, and 7197 Search Strings, both custom configured by me to show the top 1000 entries.

Each of these sections, along with all others, has a link that is supposed to list the remaning entries, example:

View All Referrers
View All Search Strings

However clicking on any of these links, produces only “The page cannot be found”, and I clearly remember this worked fine when I used CPanel on my last server.

This might not be a big problem for small not so popular sites, however most of my sites are very popular, and the traffic is increasing every month, and I frequently review the results for traffic and keyword optimization, so the ability to quickly view ALL stats through Interworx is VERY important to me.

Sure I can buy a number crunching Stats program, but that should not be necessary when the feature is already built into Webalizer, but apparently not implemented correctly in Interworx.

I would appreciate if somebody from Interworx would explain to me why this is not working, if there is something I need to specify or setup somewhere to get this to work, or if it’s not something I can do, when this will bug will be fixed.

Thanks

I know it’s summer and all, and some of the people at Interworx might be on vacation, plus the broken Webalizer links which has not worked at all during the time I been using Interworx, might not be your top priority.

But the missing information is important to me, and I would appreciate if somebody from Interworx would comment on this matter, just like I wrote, that is, is there something I need to do to get this to work, or if it indeed is a bug when will it be fixed?

Thanks

I was just going through old posts to make sure we had resolved things and I embarassed that this one went so long without a reply RWF, I’ll check this out.

Chris

I believe I have been VERY patient about this matter, but 7 months?!?

What is going on?

Please open another ticket in the new ticket system at https://secure.interworx.info/support/helpdesk/

Be sure to provide your NodeWorx l.ogin information and your customized webalizer configuration file.

Paul

I am now days away from having my server rebuilt with either CPanel or just plain Webmin.

This bug/problem, my help request and Interworx lack of a solution, is becoming a farce.

Now it is 8? months after I originally posted about this problem, and 1? month after I submitted a help ticket.

This is simply amazing!

This has since (and finally) been resolved. Sorry to RWF and all. For some problems that seem to be simple this one teased the brain in new and frightening ways.

Chris

Chris I have now waited several days for my stats pages to update, after your message that the problem has been fixed.

But I can tell you it has NOt on my server!

When I click “View All Referrers” I get the same discouraging “The page cannot be found” page I have had since moving from CPanel over to Sagonet, and then from Webmin to Interworx.

RWF, details of the fix were posted in your support ticket on December 9th. Apparently you didn’t check the support ticket update where there were special instructions.

It clearly stated that the link would not work directly, you had to make a small change in the URL to view that page.

Paul

For the record and anyone else interested, the solution for now is:

Change the URL in SiteWorx.

For example, if the for the month of november 2004 stats was
/siteworx/stats.php?mode=webalizer&file=usage_200411.php

then you have to manually change the URL to:
/siteworx/stats.php?mode=webalizer&file=ref_200411.php

to view the extended referers page. The name ref_200411.php is in the “View All Referrers” Link. You just need to manually change the URL, since the link itself is not correct.

In that case Chris should have written so in hist post here, where he said:

“This has since (and finally) been resolved”.

This sound like it has been fixed completely, which is has NOT!!!

What makes this so hard for Interworx, which worked flawlessly in other management systems?

If any mistake was made it was assuming you would read the updated support ticket. Sorry for making that assumption.

Chris did not say “it has been fixed completely” he said it had “been resolved” which it as far as I’m concerned it has.

We’re using a customized version of webalizer which allows tighter integration with SiteWorx which is why this issue is “harder” than you think it should be.

Paul

A phone call might have worked wonders in this case.

Geez!!!

Your support ticket email came three days BEFORE Chris posted that now it had been fixed.

So I naively and hopefully, thought it had been fixed completely.

Which is what I replied assuming that

"Chris I have now waited several days for my stats pages to update, after your message that the problem has been fixed.

But I can tell you it has NOt on my server!

When I click “View All Referrers” I get the same discouraging “The page cannot be found” page I have had since moving from CPanel over to Sagonet, and then from Webmin to Interworx.
12-12-2004 03:23 AM"

Ok?!?

Ok?!?

Ok.

This thread seems to be going downhill fast, so lets just agree to end it here. Sorry for all the frustration this has caused you RWF.

Paul