Website not showing

Hi John,
I hope you are doing great.
Am contacting you again for more guidance on my website that is not responding. Like I had confessed earlier, I do not have tech-know-how of these things, I had made a back-up in the following link, but I don’t know how to access it:/home/jessesin/jessesinternetmarketing.com/iworx-backup/jessesinternetmarketing.com+full-Nov.16.2020-09.24.53.tgz

My interest is to migrate to a different service provider if possible. So I wish to be advised on how to extract data for a possible migration.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Jesse

Hi Jesse!

Do you see your backup listed inSiteWorx under Backups > Manage? If so, you should be able to just click it the filename (which is a link) to download it onto your local computer.

Let me know if that works for you!

Hi Jenna,
Thanks so much for your kind assistance.
Unfortunately, am unable to access Siteworx because my service provider’s IP address cant be reached.
I therefore pray that, if possible, you provide me with an alternative route to reach the Siteworx platform to see if I can retrieve the back-up files.
Thanks
Jesse.

How did you create the backup? Was it made before SiteWorx was inaccessible?

There is no other way to access the SiteWorx control panel than through the browser interface. Do you know if you have SSH access to access the command line?

Hi

@jesse1 Your website has a database connection issue

You can still access your siteworx login screen using the following:

http://jessesinternetmarketing.com:2080/siteworx/?domain=jessesinternetmarketing.com

You could access it using secure (https), however, as it is not a trusted certificate, you have to tell the browser to continue and accept the untrusted browser. The link above is unsecure, where you are warned it is not secure and do not have to accept anything to see login screen.

Once logged in, please follow IW-Jenna instructions and download the backup. I suggest you also create FTP details and make a full FTP download and then got siteworx, hosting, mysql, phpmyadim and dump your database (make a database backup)

I would suggest in your email client, you export all email for your domain as well, so you have a local copy of your email

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
Thanks so much for your efforts.
I have failed to access the site via the link and I was wondering whether it is my Chrome browser that has the problem.
Thanks and many blessings.
Jesse.

Hi Jesse

Many thanks. I can access your siteworx in chrome and IE and Edge

I think perhaps you are correct, and it maybe your browser playing up, or your not connected to internet, or you may have blocked your IP address at host provider

I would delete browser history in chrome (including cookies) by following the arrows on the picture. Close and reopen chrome and test

If you have a mobile, I would turn off WI-FI so you use mobile data, open mobile browser and confirm if you can access your siteworx account using mobile data (the IP would be different on mobile data to that on your broadband). If you can access siteworx account, you are best advised to ask your hosting provider to unblock your IP address and give them your broadband IP address

Also, as I posted early in your thread, if you domain is held with host provider, you need to move your domain name to another provider if you are unhappy with current host provider.

However, that said your current issue is an error 500

Error establishing a database connection

This is usual after an update to a website if PHP version changed and db connection method is different or the MySQL (MariaDB) is not running or similar. So perhaps may not be the host provider fault. If you changed the PHP version on your site, change it back and test once you log into your siteworx account

I hope that helps a little and hope you have a lovely night

Many thanks

John

That’s not sounding like great service from your provider But is all to common unfortunately.

if your looking for alternate hosting with good communication and support we would be happy to provide this at gogreendomains.com.au note this post in your checkout and i will pick it up and insure smooth migration for you should you choose to.

I too am not happy with theprofithost.com
It is now early December and I still can’t access supernaturaldunebuggy.com. Fortunely, I have a back up plan. I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I’m in the USA. I will keep pressure on theprofithost to deliver on their promise
Jessica

Hi

@Rfmoon42 (Jessica)

It would appear to me that you are not hosted by theprofithost as your hosted IP is different to that of Jessie but I could be wrong sorry

It also appears Jessie has found a new hosting company, so I hope it goes well for him

It also appears that there maybe more from theprofithost who are in similar hosting positions (perhaps 143 websites), but please remember it is not Interworx which is causing the issues of hosting and Interworx have no control over how or what their software is used. Once their software is purchased, it is out of their control.

In fairness to all users, as this is an Interworx Forum and should not really advertise as it is a technical forum, there are many others who also offer hosting with a small selection below, from different countries. There are many more so apologies to all users as the list below are from memory.

I have not included myself, as I am moderator but please remember, I do not work for Interworx or Liquidweb, so any advice or opnions are purely my own and not those of Interworx or Liquidweb, and I am not biased towards anyone.

Liquidweb liquidweb.com (USA)

@diamondcomputer diamondcomputer.com (USA)

@Nico ekonnic.com (UK)

@Justec offunit.com (USA)

@mdeinhardt (Germany)

@linux4me

@gogreendomains gogreendomains.com.au (Australia)

You can PM users or goto their advertised website and there are many more in the forums.

theprofithost.com (192.227.93.123)

There are 143 domains hosted on this server

jessesinternetmarketing.com (104.31.86.169, 104.31.87.169, 172.67.182.154)

domains hosted not shown

supernaturaldunebuggy.com (209.99.64.55)

There are 136,450 domains hosted on this server

I would advise all website owners to have a current backup of their of website/database and email and if domain name is registered with or controlled by theprofithost, to transfer their domain name to another provider.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

1 Like

Hi carolynperry

Welcome to IW forums

As posted throughout this thread. If your hosted by profithost or any provider using interworx, then interworx cannot help you sorry

Have you contacted your hosting company to let them know

I am sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear and hope it is resolved speedily

Many thanks

John

Hello–

Can you provide a bit more information? “Not working” is, unfortunately, a bit too vague for us to really even try to start to assist with. :frowning: Providing your domain would be very helpful, as it can help us potentially locate the helpdesk of your hosting company, if needed.

Thanks,
-Jenna
Friendly Neighborhood InterWorx Support Manager