WordPress Installation Tool

I’d like to know if there are tools like: Fantastico or Installatron to install WordPress through cPanel or do I have to install via FTP?

Yes, we do have tools like this available!

InterWorx ships with SimpleScripts and Softaculous support. Both products can be used to auto-install a wide variety of scripts.

SimpleScripts is now MOJO Marketplace

Just wanted to see if it matters whether SimpleScripts is now MOJO Marketplace. Does MOJO work with InterWorx?

Hi

I hope you don’t mind but this has recently been posted on this thread.

http://forums.interworx.com/showthread.php?t=7610

Many thanks

John

Oops. Nope, don’t mind. Thanks for the pointer. I missed that one.

I’m going to write a tutorial of how I usually do this for you, cdinter.

I’ve been meaning to write a quick tutorial, so I’ll post the link when I finish.

That would be brilliant! I tried doing a WP migration last night using Softaculous but that didn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue: I was able to get the default barebones WP site up and running but when I tried to migrate the DB and the files, the pages/images/etc were missing and I ran into the old FTP update problem. Incidentally, the FTP update problem was the primary reason why I switched over to InterWorx because I had a !@#$! of a time trying to get the WP updates to work without opening up security holes in the server.

Greatly looking forward to your tutorial! What is your current intended timetable for the tutorial? Please excuse the question. The question’s intent is not to rush you but only so I can plan accordingly.

Thank you!

[QUOTE=cdinter;24695]That would be brilliant! I tried doing a WP migration last night using Softaculous but that didn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue: I was able to get the default barebones WP site up and running but when I tried to migrate the DB and the files, the pages/images/etc were missing and I ran into the old FTP update problem. Incidentally, the FTP update problem was the primary reason why I switched over to InterWorx because I had a !@#$! of a time trying to get the WP updates to work without opening up security holes in the server.

Greatly looking forward to your tutorial! What is your current intended timetable for the tutorial? Please excuse the question. The question’s intent is not to rush you but only so I can plan accordingly.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Here ya go. Frequently Asked Questions — InterWorx documentation

As for migrating:

• Make sure both WP instances are running the same version of WordPress before copying the DB.

• The Update problem I think you’re referring to is permissions. Take a look at installing as unixusername instead of apache. (In my tutorial)

• You want to make sure the wordpress files are owned by the unix username of the SiteWorx account the files are sitting under.

chown -R unixuser.unixuser ~/home/unixuser/{domain.blah}/html/*

chown is probably all you need to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me know if that makes any sense:

-T