WP issue...

Hey all,

I realize this may not be the proper board to put this up on, but wanted to know if anyone else had this issue. One of my customers is running a WP blog, yesterday it was running just fine. Today its saying it can’t talk to the database, though the info in wp-config.php is correct.

Only thing I changed was the PHP version from the 5.3 to 5.5, database permissions are fine, I’m not sure what else to try and figured I’d check to see if this might be an IW issue?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to be hogging up everyone’s time.

Kat

Which version of IW are you using? If MySQL is updated too you may check the MySQL password format.

[RIGHT]Web Hosting Control Panel v5.0.18[/RIGHT]

Is the version I’m using, another blog I have on the same server is experiencing a Forbidden error, however from the command line it works fine.
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

[QUOTE=Katronix;27465][RIGHT]Web Hosting Control Panel v5.0.18[/RIGHT]

Is the version I’m using, another blog I have on the same server is experiencing a Forbidden error, however from the command line it works fine.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, the copy paste didn’t post… I’m using version 5.0.18

Are the file permissions OK (Forbidden error)? Is php scripts run by siteworx account or apache?

I think you have to use new mysql password hashes, you can set it in my.cnf. What is your MySQL DB version?

mysql> select version();
±----------+
| version() |
±----------+
| 5.1.73 |
±----------+

I’ve tried both settings for PHP and not getting a difference, is there a preference / reason why (besides the security issues?)

I did check and in my my.cnf it does have old-passwords=1 which my understanding is that is the old password standard, though I suppose that could be the reason?

I don’t think this is related, as I did # the line out, and restarted mysql w/o any change to the site that isn’t working. It also made no difference to the version showing the Forbidden error (when ran from the command line).

As far as File Permissions, what does IW expect? the same as cPanel? (644 / 755) or something else?

As I know, you have to change (re-hash) the passwords after disabling the old passwords. Try to remove or comment out the old-passwords=1 line, restart mysql than re-hash the password.

I don’t know what should be the permission of the files but suPHP uses 644 / 755. I never used WordPress so I can’t give advice. Are other pages working well?

Like DSS said, sounds like a MySQL password hash issue. I believe starting with PHP 5.5, the default DB connection type uses mysqlnd (which no longer uses the short hashes).

So recreating the SiteWorx user MySql user password and then updating that in the config file should fix it, but please note that InterWorx phpMyAdmin is not compatible with this yet so if you PHP 5.5 is setup for mysqlnd, then phpMyAdmin won’t work from SiteWorx until the new Interworx 5.1 is released.

More info on this: http://forums.interworx.com/threads/8276-Best-way-to-move-from-php-mysql-to-php-mysqlnd