X-Spam-Status RDNS_NONE

I am new to this forum so excuse me if I made some type errors.
I found out that e-mail that was in my inbox had the following X-Spam-Status: RDNS_NONE
Since every test in Spamassassin has influence on the score I thought, although the remote hostname has a RDNS record, why does it say RDNS_NONE.

I looked in the qmail smtp log (/var/log/smtp/current) and saw the following: …remote <:Unknown:X.X.X.X>…

I checked the IP and it did had a RDNS record, somehow spamassassin did not see the RDNS which is correct because de log says Unknown.

What I did to fix the issue was editing the tcpserver for smtp in: /service/smtp/run
I changed the following line:
/usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l $HOSTNAME -x $TCP_CDB -c “$MAXSMTPD” \

To:

/usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -h -l $HOSTNAME -x $TCP_CDB -c “$MAXSMTPD” \

Basically I only changed the -H to -h and restarted qmail smtp by giving the following command:
/etc/init.d/smtp restart

Now, tcpserver does a name lookup for every mail on port 25. Spamassassin is happy because it now it sees the RDNS. No more RDNS_NONE in the mailheaders.

Thanks for the tip riley.

My recollection of the issue is that enough folks had occasional problems with DNS lookups, that it was slowing or sometimes blocking qmail delivery, and this was the lesser of two evils. However, that was probably some time ago, and may be fine now.

Paul

I have similar problem.
My errors in emails are:
2.0 RDNS_NONE Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS
My email is like alias.

My reverse DNS is already defined at my VPS provider. I added also SPF record.

Will work SpamAssassin rule internal_networks like 127.0.0.1 ?