I am new to this forum so excuse me if I made some type errors.
I found out that e-mail that was in my inbox had the following X-Spam-Status: RDNS_NONE
Since every test in Spamassassin has influence on the score I thought, although the remote hostname has a RDNS record, why does it say RDNS_NONE.
I looked in the qmail smtp log (/var/log/smtp/current) and saw the following: …remote <:Unknown:X.X.X.X>…
I checked the IP and it did had a RDNS record, somehow spamassassin did not see the RDNS which is correct because de log says Unknown.
What I did to fix the issue was editing the tcpserver for smtp in: /service/smtp/run
I changed the following line:
/usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l $HOSTNAME -x $TCP_CDB -c “$MAXSMTPD” \
/usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -h -l $HOSTNAME -x $TCP_CDB -c “$MAXSMTPD” \
Basically I only changed the -H to -h and restarted qmail smtp by giving the following command:
Now, tcpserver does a name lookup for every mail on port 25. Spamassassin is happy because it now it sees the RDNS. No more RDNS_NONE in the mailheaders.