"xml-rpc fault occurred. Fault code: 2" on API request

Hi,
already checked with AWBS on this but they said to check here…

I’m not sure if this problem arised after the v3 upgrade or after a server switch we just did, but right now we have lost the AWBS integration to Interworx.
After the server switch we’ve generated an API key in Nodeworx and updated this in AWBS.

Trying to cancel an account from within AWBS gives:

...Processing queue...

Type: Cancel Hosting
Server: Siteworx1
Domain: domain.tld
Plan: MyPlan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request to delete account on host xxx.xxx.xx.xx
for domain domain.tld received.
Assembling message to send to InterWorx server...
Done.
Sending message to xxx.xxx.xx.xx at port 2080...
[ERROR:] xml-rpc fault occurred.
Fault code: 2
Fault description: Invalid return payload: enabling debugging to examine incoming payload

>>Kill ACCT: FAILED!<<

I only get this in iworx.log:

Jul 10 17:33:37 XMLRPC-API [debug] API request from: xxx.xx.xx.xx

There’s a note in AWBS documentation to remove the “-----BEGIN INTERWORX API KEY-----” and “-----END INTERWORX API KEY-----” notes in the key, but that gives:

Jul 11 04:09:50 XMLRPC-API [info] Invalid API key: xxx.xx.xx.xx

I have regenerated a new key in Nodeworx and updated this in AWBS to no avail.

Would there be any change in the new API that could cause the above?

Thanks
-tsl-

Anyone please? I believe the problem is down to the “Invalid API Key” but cannot understand why. The key is exactly specified as seen from Nodeworx API Key page (without the start/end notes).

Thanks
-tsl-

When we upgraded to v3.0.1 of iworx, we had issues with the DNS Synchronising due to problems over the API key. Socheat explained that there had been a slight bug in v2 of the API causing issues with incorrect/correct API Key’s. Might be worth dropping the guys a line as they may have something up their sleeve, like they did for me, which got me sorted :wink:

Thanks for the info EverythingWeb!
Yes, It’s something with the interpretation of the key. Looking at the key directly in the db it seems hashed, but maybe it’s always been like that…
I’ve tried to look at the AWBS code for the Interworx API but it’s Zend coded. Enabling debug for api_client in iworx.ini does not reveal anything more.

-tsl-

same error

This error occured on hosting creation from awbs

Debug Mode: On
Type: New Hosting
Domain: majesticotel.com
Plan: Linux_TR_100

ServerType: interworx
Request to create account on host 217.195.205.250
for domain majesticotel.com received.
Requesting IP from InterWorx server…
Sending message to 217.195.205.250 at port 2080…
[ERROR:] xml-rpc fault occurred.
Fault code: 2
Fault description: Invalid return payload: enabling debugging to examine incoming payload
[ERROR]: Problems receiving IP: Invalid return payload: enabling debugging to examine incoming payload

>>Create ACCT: FAILED!<<
Edit the queue job to view the errors.

hmm, I recon you have the “-----BEGIN INTERWORX API KEY-----” and “-----END INTERWORX API KEY-----” notes in the key in AWBS. What error do you get if you remove these notes? Do you also get “Invalid API key” ??

-tsl-

Hidonet, we got your ticket, and I just responded.

tsl, if you’re having this problem too, please open a ticket as well. Ideally, we’d need the login to your billing system, with the steps needed to reproduce the problem, so we’d be able to confirm that the problem is fixed.

problem solved !!!

i’ve deleted my server record from awbs and added again…

and working :slight_smile: