yum update not working

Trying a ‘yum update’ on my Interworx box from the root account… but having a problem with the interworx-cp-rhe5x repository. Any ideas?

[root@host ~]# yum update
http://updates.interworx.info/iworx/RPMS/rhe5x/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 12] Timeout: <urlopen error timed out>
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: interworx-cp-rhe5x. Please verify its path and try again

Cliff.

Firewall

Looks like there is a problem with outbound connections due to the firewall configuration… although it’s a stock configuration. Any ideas? This Interworx license is running inside an OpenVZ guest.

It could be an issue with certain kernel modules not being loaded for the VPS. I’d try starting up the firewall at the command line and see if you get any error messages that may help direct you.

Paul

I’m getting a tone of these errors when using apf restart:

iptables: Unknown error 18446744073709551615

All outbound connections are not going through, unless I stop the firewall. This is also interfering with the licensing control in Interworx.

Cliff.

Cliff,

I’d check this url, it may help:

http://kb.parallels.com/article_130_875_en.html

that was it. Thanks!

This information helped me, too.

My OpenVZ container was not successfully syncing with the licensing server or performing DNS synchronization. DNS sync worked if the IP of the other DNS server was completely trusted, but I couldn’t fix the licensing issue that way since I didn’t know the IP or trust it to not change in the future.

A few notes:

[LIST=1]

• My hardware node is Debian-based, while Parallel's instructions are targeting Redhat-based systems.
  • [I]Step 1[/I] Paragraph 1: /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config does not exist, and there is no equivalent. Skip the first part of step 1. Paragraph 2: /etc/sysconfig/vz -> /etc/vz/vz.conf
  • [I]Step 2[/I] My InterWorx configured ruleset exceeded Parallel's suggested firewall rules limit of 200. /proc/user_beancounters indicated 241 rules in use, so I increased my limit during this step from 256 to 512 to avoid future problems.
  • [I]Step 3[/I] IFACE_IN, IFACE_OUT, and SET_MONOKERN did not exist for me. IF and MONOKERN seem to be the new variable names, and they were already configured properly. Parallel's KB might be out of date. [/LIST]
  • Thanks for the extra details Jimp!

Paul

I’m talking about iWorx in a VZ VPS, but I believe the LKMs setting depends on the APF version. For APF 0.9.5 or older, use:

MONOKERN=“1”

For APF versions 0.9.6.1 and newer, use:

SET_MONOKERN=“1”

Is this correct?

You are correct…

Thanks for clearing that up for me.