[ask] tutorial migrating interworx to another server ?

Hi All,

Is there any tutorial or step by step how to migrate Interworx Control Panel from one server to another server ? Can somebody help me with this tutorial. I’ve already full backup all of my domain. what should i do ? Thanks.

Check this threads:
http://forums.interworx.com/threads/2222-Rsync-What-to-backup
http://forums.interworx.com/threads/3038-Backup

When I made clean install, I created full backups and saved only the iworx.ini, php.ini, SSL files. But I always reconfigured the server from the basics, you may backup other files too!

Hi dss

I hope you don’t mind, but could you not just use the IW to IW importer.

Obviously both servers would need to live

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
Where can I get this IW to IW importer? I never used it, but it would be interesting in the following months.

Thanks!

Hi Dss

Many thanks, but I am not too sure if a tutorial exists, sorry, but I have included 2 pictures, which should make it easy.

It is the Mass Transfer Option, and requires root access, which I believe after the query of the server to import from, you can select which accounts to import. It does work as I have tested this a while ago.

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Thank you John, I’m going to try it when we have to move to our new server.

[QUOTE=dss;26729]Check this threads:
http://forums.interworx.com/threads/2222-Rsync-What-to-backup
http://forums.interworx.com/threads/3038-Backup

When I made clean install, I created full backups and saved only the iworx.ini, php.ini, SSL files. But I always reconfigured the server from the basics, you may backup other files too![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26733]Hi Dss

Many thanks, but I am not too sure if a tutorial exists, sorry, but I have included 2 pictures, which should make it easy.

It is the Mass Transfer Option, and requires root access, which I believe after the query of the server to import from, you can select which accounts to import. It does work as I have tested this a while ago.

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

thanks all for the feedback. right now i’m using demo license and mass account transfer, after all account being transfered how do i change the license from demo license to my full license ? thanks in advanced. :slight_smile:

You can change the serial in NodeWorx / Server / Settings menu
If your IP is changed you have to change the associated IP address of the serial too!

[QUOTE=dss;26736]You can change the serial in NodeWorx / Server / Settings menu
If your IP is changed you have to change the associated IP address of the serial too![/QUOTE]

is that simple ? what about the ip public ? should i change it ? right now i’m using another ip public not my main ip public for my interworx license. thank you :))

If your IP is changed, yes, you have to change the associated IP (As I know). Where did you buy your license? Directly from InterWorx?

Hi red.dev83 and dss

I hope you don’t mind, but if this new licence key has never been used before, it should not need changing at licence server for ip.

If you change the licence as dss has stated, then either wait for licence pex to run or ssh into server and run ~iWorx/cron/licence.pex

If the licence has already been registered to a server before, you need to remove old ip from licence server where you purchased your licence from, then ssh into your IW server and run ~iWorx/cron/licence.pex --sync

Many thanks

John

thank you…yess i buy the licenses via cc, directly from Interworx

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26739]Hi red.dev83 and dss

I hope you don’t mind, but if this new licence key has never been used before, it should not need changing at licence server for ip.

If you change the licence as dss has stated, then either wait for licence pex to run or ssh into server and run ~iWorx/cron/licence.pex

If the licence has already been registered to a server before, you need to remove old ip from licence server where you purchased your licence from, then ssh into your IW server and run ~iWorx/cron/licence.pex --sync

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

hello John,

i’ve successfully migrate to another server. and i’ve change the ip at the license server actually the same from the old server. i’ve already try to login to my email registered in siteworx, all my email nothing is missing but when i checked the total storage of my domain displayed (0.00 MB / 50,000.00 MB) should not like it from the old server. because from the old server displayed (29536/50000 MB). is it ok ? all registered accounts are not logged in to their email right now. many thanks for the answer and sorry for my bad english. thank you :slight_smile:

Hi red.dev83

I hope you don’t mind and it’s very late here, or very early in the morning, but if I understand correctly, everything is working apart from showing disk usage.

If this is correct, this should show correctly when the cron job runs next, but if it does not, then it is likely to be the home selector in settings, which is set wrong.

If you could confirm if it shows as expected after an hour or so, and if not, the home folder selector you are showing in settings, hint it’s towards the very bottom of the list.

I’ll check back in the morning

Many thanks

John

I had the same problem earlier. This solution helped me a lot: http://forums.interworx.com/threads/788-No-Quota-!?p=5065#post5065
But first try what d2d4j mentioned above!

Hi red.dev83 and dss

Sorry, dss forum is good, and I was trying to remember the cron job to run for storage, which is storage.pex. This should run frequently.

The home folder from nodeworx, server. Settings is the same folder shown in the forum post, so you should not have to manually change it from ssh.

It is always a good idea to post what your server is using, distro and if vps, which I never thought to ask, and should have, but I have a feeling it is centos, if on vps using KVM, therefore, if it is, you should find quota check may not correct the storage display.

It is I believe set by defining your home folder correctly

I could be entirely wrong though, so I apologise in advance

Many thanks

John

hi all,

all i have to do is just run this script from centos terminal as a root, right ?

“quotacheck -cugvmf -F vfsv0 /home”

how to edit iwork.ini ? because it keeps saying permission denied

“bash /home/interworx/iworx.ini permission denied”

i also try (from pictures attached)

thank you

i’ve also set automatic weekly backup for my domain in interworx, the file is backup recently but the notification through email

Hi,

This in an automatic informational message to notify you that the
[[backup_type]] backup of domain [[domain]] was [[success_status]]
completed. The backup file can be found here:
[[backup_file]]

Thanks,

it should be like this

Hi,

This in an automatic informational message to notify you that the following
backup(s) have completed:

xxxxxxx.com (full) - SUCCESS

The backup file(s) can be found in the following location(s):

/home/xxxxx/xxxxxxx/iworx-backup/weekly-xxxxxxxx.com-full-Sep.28.2014-00.00.01.tgz

Thanks,

Your NodeWorx Server Manager

how to change it ? thank you.

one more things, everytime i send or reply through my iphone or android the messages cannot be delivered it keeps saying

xxx@xxx.com
remote server closed connection

but when i used webmail / ms outlook there is no problem. why this always happening ? many thanks for the answer.

Hi red.dev83

You need to ssh into your server and change to root user, if you have made any changes to user accounts or run commands as su or sudo. This depends on how you secured root user.

To edit iWorx.ini, you use a text editor like vim or vi, or your preferred text editor.

I hope you don’t mind, but your other 2 posts I’ll have to have a think about, but I suspect it will be connected with either permissions or space/quota.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26743]Hi red.dev83 and dss

Sorry, dss forum is good, and I was trying to remember the cron job to run for storage, which is storage.pex. This should run frequently.

The home folder from nodeworx, server. Settings is the same folder shown in the forum post, so you should not have to manually change it from ssh.

It is always a good idea to post what your server is using, distro and if vps, which I never thought to ask, and should have, but I have a feeling it is centos, if on vps using KVM, therefore, if it is, you should find quota check may not correct the storage display.

It is I believe set by defining your home folder correctly

I could be entirely wrong though, so I apologise in advance

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

thank you john. can you teach how to do it ? because i really don’t understand linux / centos. just type this in terminal right ?

su and then insert your password

vi /home/interworx/iworx.ini – how to edit it ? how to save it afted i edit ?

right now after moving to a new server all my website hosted in the new interworx didn’t worked. every time i enter the domain name of website it keeps running to interworx default page ? can you tell what should i do about this ?

sorry for a lot of questions…thank you very much.

right now also, my new server is running on two ip public, xxx.xxx.xxx.110 (the main ip and the licensed interworx that i’ve buy) and xxx.xxx.xxx.82 (the demo licensed that i get from interworx) is there any running this two ip’s together…is there any way delete xxx.xxx.xxx.82 ? is there also any way to change MAIL.SERVER.CMK to cmkserver ? and how to change it ?

thank you again John.