Fresh from cPanel - Where do I Paste a Public Key?

I’ve just moved to InterWorx from cPanel, and I need to paste a public key I got from another website. I’m not sure where to find this.

For reference, in cPanel I would click “SSL” and upload the public key. But for the life of me I can’t find this in InterWorx!

Edit: I would rather stick to the GUI and not use SSH…I want to keep things simple.

Hi

Welcome to IW forums

I am firm believer of moving ssl, a new private key should be generated

To answer your question, it is same for nodeworx or siteworx ssl, so goto nodeworx system ssl or siteworx hosting domain ssl and you can see the ssl

If none set, you can click create new and input your private key instead of generating a private key

If ssl already exists, click view private key and edit/delete and input your private key

You may not be aware but interworx can use let’s encrypt for ssl which is easy and to use, click generate all using let’s encrypt and select the list you want to cover with LE. Just be aware the dns for the records need to point at your server or it will fail

Many thanks

John

1 Like

Thanks! My use-case actually is that I’m using a backup service, and they gave me their public SSH key to upload to my server so I don’t have to give them my password…

Hi

Many thanks

Sorry I’m in middle of some work but needed to post

Do not change your SSL public key

Your last post refers to SSH public key

You can set the SSH to use keys instead of credentials but this will need to be completed by manual inputs from SSH

You may want to ask your provider to do this for you if you prefer not to manually change files from SSH into server

I will post later when I’m free or you can search interworx SSH keys

Many thanks

John

Hi

Here is 1 post quickly

Many thanks

John

1 Like

Go it. And thanks!

After much headache, I managed to save the public key in a file called “authorized_keys” after creating an “.ssh” folder in my user root. Then it worked!

I wish there was an easier way to do it via GUI :frowning: . But at least it’s working now!

Hello–

We do have an existing request for SSH Key management in the GUI. I’ll bump that request for additional visibility with the other devs. I can’t promise when (or if) that feature request might be taken up, but I will be sure it’s recorded. User interest does have a say in the features we choose to work on and roll out.

Thanks for the feedback,
Brandon

1 Like