InterWorx 4.0 Released!

We can finally answer the question of “when will InterWorx 4 be released?”!

Right now.

InterWorx 4.0 has been released for new installs as of today. We’ll be pushing the RPMs to the update servers in the next few days to smooth the rollout.

Existing InterWorx 3.0 installations should begin to be automatically updated within the next one to two weeks. It is recommended that ALL users upgrade their InterWorx installations when the update becomes available.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Awesome :smiley:

How can I upgrade manually, rather than waiting for a week or two? :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool! Congrats to the Iworx team on the release.

The only way to upgrade now would be to actually install it on a second machine and use the mass transfer tool to migrate - that’s a big pain, though, I don’t recommend it.

It’s worth the wait, I promise :slight_smile:

Tim

Well, the cat’s out of the bag, so here are instructions to manually upgrade if you don’t want to wait:

as root, do the following

EDIT: As of November 7, 2009, nothing special has to be done. Version 4.1.0 is now released.

Paul

Paul,

The 4.0 release looks great (played with the demo at HostingCon)! Also glad to have met both you and Chris. Keep up the good work.

Guys, do you know if this will break custom installations of suPHP running PHP5 as CGI with the default PHP4 in the system as an Apache module?

Which further leads me to ask; is it possible to not have it auto upgrade so we can manually do it and check everything goes ok with the upgrade?

Ta’

Manual Install Foiled by Missing Dependencies

Using CentOS 5 repo above, I’m getting:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: interworx = 3.0.4-100.iworx is needed by package interworx-siteworx
Error: Missing Dependency: glibc = 2.5-34 is needed by package nscd

Nodeworx says “v3.0.4 HA”

[QUOTE=hubbadubba;16279]Using CentOS 5 repo above, I’m getting:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: interworx = 3.0.4-100.iworx is needed by package interworx-siteworx
Error: Missing Dependency: glibc = 2.5-34 is needed by package nscd

Nodeworx says “v3.0.4 HA”[/QUOTE]

Running into the same problem here- the interworx, interworx-siteworx, and interworx-nodeworx RPMs don’t appear to be up on the mirror. Though, they must be somewhere as a fresh install of InterWorx worked fine…

Just opened a ticket about it.

[root@aset ~]# yum install interworx-*
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
–> Running transaction check
—> Package interworx-roundcube.noarch 0:0.2.2-181.iworx set to be updated
—> Package interworx-smarty.noarch 0:2.6.19-181.iworx set to be updated
—> Package interworx.noarch 0:4.0.0-181.iworx set to be updated
–> Processing Dependency: libdomainkeys for package: interworx
–> Processing Dependency: interworx = 3.0.4-100.iworx for package: interworx-siteworx
—> Package interworx-horde.noarch 0:3.2.1-181.iworx set to be updated
—> Package interworx-phpmyadmin.noarch 0:2.11.7.1-181.iworx set to be updated
—> Package interworx-squirrelmail.noarch 0:1.4.19-181.iworx set to be updated
–> Finished Dependency Resolution
interworx-4.0.0-181.iworx.noarch from interworx-4-noarch has depsolving problems
–> Missing Dependency: libdomainkeys is needed by package interworx-4.0.0-181.iworx.noarch (interworx-4-noarch)
interworx-siteworx-3.0.4-100.iworx.noarch from installed has depsolving problems
–> Missing Dependency: interworx = 3.0.4-100.iworx is needed by package interworx-siteworx-3.0.4-100.iworx.noarch (installed)
Error: Missing Dependency: libdomainkeys is needed by package interworx-4.0.0-181.iworx.noarch (interworx-4-noarch)
Error: Missing Dependency: interworx = 3.0.4-100.iworx is needed by package interworx-siteworx-3.0.4-100.iworx.noarch (installed)
[root@aset ~]#

[QUOTE=EverythingWeb;16278]Guys, do you know if this will break custom installations of suPHP running PHP5 as CGI with the default PHP4 in the system as an Apache module?

Which further leads me to ask; is it possible to not have it auto upgrade so we can manually do it and check everything goes ok with the upgrade?

Ta’[/QUOTE]

Yes there is.

Edit /etc/yum.conf and add

enabled=“0”

To each of the interworx repositories. That will prevent yum from using those when it’s time.

Tim

Any word on the failed manual update? Is it working yet? Just want to know before I give it a try.

One issue has been fixed.

If you’re still having dependency problems, try the following:

yum clean all
yum update
yum install interworx-*

yum update --obsoletes
yum install interworx-*

Paul

Hi,

We’ve tried all the methods in this post and we’re getting the same problems (missind dependencies)

Any idea of how to solve them?

Thanks!

Daniel

PS: Another question. We have a personalized greylisting solution installed on our servers (http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2705&highlight=greylisting) . Will the upgrade mess it up?

Hi Daniel,

What missing dependency messages are you seeing?

Re: greylisting, you may need to re-make the changes to the /service/smtp/run file, I would check that after the upgrade finishes.

Paul

Hi Paul,

This is what we’re getting:

Error: Missing Dependency: interworx = 3.0.4-100.iworx is needed by package interworx-siteworx-3.0.4-100.iworx.noarch (installed)

I f you want to have a look at it, I will gladly open a ticket.

The --obsoletes option should have taken care of that. I’d be glad to take a look if you open a ticket.

Paul

Any luck figuring out the manual update issues?

Yes, --obsoletes did actually fix it for him

Paul

Just updated both my servers with the --obsoletes and it worked great. Haven’t had much time to play with it yet, but it’s look pretty nice!

Hey Interworx guys,

Where (or how) do you want me to post the few minor bugs and twitches I’m finding in v4?

Danieo