InterWorx 4.0 Released!

Plesk9 import

We tried imports from a Plesk 8.6 box and it didn’t work. We updated to Plesk 9.2 and tried the import and we get an error.

“No XML File Found in Backup!”

Plesk 9 makes 3 backup files plus a “databases” folder for example:

backup_XXXX.com_info_0908221336.xml
backup_XXXX.com_mn_0908221336.tgz
backup_XXXX.com_vhost_0908221336.tgz
databases

We tried each of the files with no success.

-marc

Plesk 9 should let you download all this stuff in a single .tgz file Marc, and that’s what you’d need to use. If you need a hand debugging further feel free up open a support ticket.

Paul

[QUOTE=kipper3d;16326]Hello,

I did a test install and I noticed i lost all the packages that were setup. Also my whmc billing system no longer works with interworx. Creating account in WHMC says success but the account does not get setup. Anyone have similar problems?

I am currently using whmcs 3.8.2. Would the new version 4 solve this?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Not sure if you ever go tthis squared away or not, but personally I would recommend you upgrade WHMCS to the latest Version 4.x.x

I was using WHMCS version 4 on the IW 4 BETA and never had any issues as you mentioned. So not sure if that is related or not.

Nice! I just updated a box and for now I had to do the following (using mod_suphp):

rpm -e mod_suphp
yum update
yum install inteworx-*

And then tell interwx we are e using suphp:

mv /etc/httpd/conf.d/_suphp.conf.disabled /etc/httpd/conf.d/_suphp.conf

However, when you login in the CP and go to "System Services >> Webserver and then change “PHP Integration Mode” to “PHP Script run as SiteWorx” also works.

I’m getting the following error here:
LG_MOD_PHP_AND_MOD_SUPHP_WARNING

But everything looks to be working. Did I miss something?

One question remains:
When I change “PHP Integration Mode” to “PHP Script run as SiteWorx”, this this automaticly change/update/regenerate al vhost configs in /etc/httpd/conf.d ?
If so, that would be realy great!

Keep up the good work!

That warning (which should be translated, shoot :slight_smile: ) means that you’re in a bit of a dangerous situation - you have mod_php and mod_suphp enabled at the same time, which is not a great idea. There are issues with both that are not too difficult to exploit.

You’ll need to test it, of course, but I’d recommend removing your custom suphp.conf and using the InterWorx version instead. Through the interface, at least, we disallow enabling both at once, because of security issues.

Tim

Whoops, I see what you did. Rename that to _suphp.conf.disabled, and then use the interface to enable it - the interface also disables mod_php, so you’ll be in a safer configuration then.

That was the trick, thanks!

Does anyone know, if there is a easy way to have a pointer domain redirect to a sub-domain (directory) in IW 4.0 of the same SiteWorx account.

For instance I set up a primary domain, abcdomain.com and I set up a subdirectory http://abcdomain.com/mystuff

And I add xyzdomain.com as a pointer domain and wish to redirect it to http://abcdomain.com/mystuff

Any ideas to get this to work, maybe a 301 Redirect?

# Begin Domain  Alliassing
#---------------------------------------------
RewriteEngine On
#---------------------------------------------
# xyzdomain.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} xyzdomain.com$ [NC] 
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/mystuff/.*$ 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /mysuff/$1

the www.xyzdomain.com (http://www.xyzdomain.com) rewrite rule doesn’t have to be added since everyting with *.xyzdomain.com will be redirected to the /html/mysuff/ map.

Thanks WebXtra I will give that a try.

Probably a dumb question. Wasnt interworx 4 supposed to bump php to version 5.3 - latest stable? I’ve updated 2 servers and Im still seeing php 5.1.6 which seems to trip securities scans despite the patch 23 issues to fix it.

What am I supposed to do to update to php 5.3?

Thanks!

Not a dumb question, but nope. InterWorx generally tries to use the distribution’s packages, so in the case of PHP, it depends what flavor of Linux you’re running. I think if you’re on CentOS 5.3, the version shipped is 5.1.6.

Because we use the distro packages (really, Yum) you can add newer, more “cutting edge” repositories. I don’t have one to recommend for 5.3, unfortunately…the guy I had been recommending seems to have stopped releasing new updates.

We provide (unsupported) RPMS for some newer versions of PHP - I think ours is up to 5.2.10. http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/unsupported/php5/

Tim

I noticed that the OLD API doesn’t work anymore (or is there a way/workarround to use the old API with the new InterWorx-CP 4.0?).

I also see that the Zend Framework is used for InterWorx-CP 4.0, my question is:
If I would like to use the Zend Framework (which is included with the interworx installation: /usr/local/interworx/lib/ZendFramework/library/)

What should I do/change in for example the php.ini of a site to enable usage of the framework?

[QUOTE=IWorx-Tim-Pgh;16398] I think ours is up to 5.2.10. http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/unsupported/php5/

Tim[/QUOTE]

By the way, the repo data etc. is missing here:
http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/unsupported/php5/rhe4x/x86_64/
Maybe somebody can fix this?
Thanks!

I attempted to upgrade another server but got some odd python error on yum update

---> Package libdomainkeys.i386 0:0.68-100.rhe5x.iworx set to be updated
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ?
    yummain.user_main(sys.argv[1:], exit_code=True)
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 229, in user_main
    errcode = main(args)
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 145, in main
    (result, resultmsgs) = base.buildTransaction() 
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 647, in buildTransaction
    (rescode, restring) = self.resolveDeps()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/depsolve.py", line 704, in resolveDeps
    for po, dep in self._checkFileRequires():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/depsolve.py", line 939, in _checkFileRequires
    if not self.tsInfo.getOldProvides(filename) and not self.tsInfo.getNewProvides(filename):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/transactioninfo.py", line 414, in getNewProvides
    for pkg, hits in self.pkgSack.getProvides(name, flag, version).iteritems():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/packageSack.py", line 300, in getProvides
    return self._computeAggregateDictResult("getProvides", name, flags, version)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/packageSack.py", line 470, in _computeAggregateDictResult
    sackResult = apply(method, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 861, in getProvides
    return self._search("provides", name, flags, version)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 43, in newFunc
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 837, in _search
    for pkg in self.searchFiles(name, strict=True):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 43, in newFunc
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 586, in searchFiles
    self._sql_pkgKey2po(rep, cur, pkgs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 470, in _sql_pkgKey2po
    pkg = self._packageByKey(repo, ob['pkgKey'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 413, in _packageByKey
    po = self.pc(repo, cur.fetchone())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 68, in __init__
    self._read_db_obj(db_obj)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 94, in _read_db_obj
    setattr(self, item, _share_data(db_obj[item]))
TypeError: unsubscriptable object

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi John,

Try

yum clean all

then try again.

Paul

Hey guys… seems like since the update I cannot create accounts that have a decimal value for bandwidth? Ex: 2.5 Gigabytes per month.

Nearly all of my plans are already setup like that.

Sadly, I had to find out about this problem while trying to create an account from WHMCS. Even worse is that WHMCS reported that it was successful in creating the account, when it was not.

Im trying to install the update on another server and Im getting errors regarding libc-client

php-iworx-5.2.9-9.rhe4x.iworx.x86_64 from interworx-4-testing has depsolving problems
–> Missing Dependency: libc-client.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package php-iworx-5.2.9-9.rhe4x.iworx.x86_64 (interworx-4-testing)

and
php-iworx-5.2.9-9.rhe4x.iworx.x86_64 from interworx-4-testing has depsolving problems
–> Missing Dependency: libc-client.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package php-iworx-5.2.9-9.rhe4x.iworx.x86_64 (interworx-4-testing)
Error: Missing Dependency: libc-client.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package php-iworx-5.2.9-9.rhe4x.iworx.x86_64 (interworx-4-testing)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Yes, this was because the wrong repository is setup in your /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory. Most likely the CentOS 4 repo instead of the CentOS 5 one.

This thread is now locked. Please post any comments or questions to about the release on new threads.

Thanks!

Paul