Interworx 6 to Interworx 7 Upgrade?

I saw in the Version History that Interworx v. 7 was now in Release, and I was wondering how to upgrade from v. 6.x to v 7.x.

I ended up contacting Interworx Support to find out. I figure there will be others with the same question, so here’s what I was told:

There is not currently an upgrade path from IW6 to IW7. It’s in the works, but there is no ETA.

Also, once the upgrade path is in place, it will not be automatic for a little while. It will be an opt in setting at first. Outside of that, I don’t have any other info at this time.

IW7 is available for new installs, however. It has an entirely new GUI interface.

Manually upgrading is fairly easy but we are not publishing until we have it in the UI. We want to build some pre-checks, conversion scripts and an opt-in warning. The potential issues are not that bad though.

Biggest potential issue is that customization’s to vhosts could be lost. As the upgrade installs a new apache conf template system, built to allow customization’s that will persist across restores and migrations. We will have a script that attempts to import changes into the new template system but we have concerns it might not catch everything.

The next issue is that we have not yet built a branding and customization system into our new UI design. So anyone upgrading would loose those options, for now.

If your have no concerns about the above feel free to PM me and I’ll take you through the upgrade. Keep in mind it cannot be reversed once done.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information @IWorx-Joseph, I am going to try to be patient and wait until it’s in the UI.

1 Like