InterWorx-CP 3.0-RC2 Available

NOTE: The RC2 testing period is now over. RC3 is now available here: http://interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2021
This thread is now locked, and the RPMS below can no longer be downloaded, please use the RC3 thread RPMS from this point forward.

Information about the RC1 release can be found here: http://interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1990
If you haven’t read that thread yet, please do so before continuing. A number of questions are answered there.

Having found and fixed a handful of bugs in the previous release candidate (RC1), RC2 is now available. A big thank you to all the folks that helped us test RC1!

That thread is now locked, post questions to this thread instead.

We recommend everyone that has installed RC1, and anyone that hasn’t upgraded yet but would like to help test, update their servers with the following command:

rpm -Uvh http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/v3/RC2/interworx-3.0.1-17.RC2.iworx.noarch.rpm \
http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/v3/RC2/interworx-nodeworx-3.0.1-17.RC2.iworx.noarch.rpm \
http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/v3/RC2/interworx-siteworx-3.0.1-17.RC2.iworx.noarch.rpm

RC2 includes the following bug fixes:

• Spam/Ham learning cron disabled on cluster nodes
  • NodeWorx SSH setup page corrupts sshd config file
  • NodeWorx RRD graphs broken on some servers after upgrade
  • Two servers sync’ing DNS between one another problem
  • Intermittent error deleting SiteWorx accounts with MySQL users
  • Vacation and Copy-To settings for e-mail boxes are no longer mutually exclusive
  • httpd.conf has wrong permissions for InterWorx to read after InterWorx enables/disables modules.
  • Missing “http://” on the secondary domains page in SiteWorx

Thanks again to everyone that has tested so far, more testers are welcome :slight_smile:

Paul

Let’s continue here then :slight_smile:

Hi Henrik. The feature you describe does exist - but you can’t automatically convert a SiteWorx account into a secondary domain under another SiteWorx account. The conversion would have to be done manually - that is, you’d have to set up a new InterWorx 3.x box, create the main SiteWorx account, and then manually add the other domains as slave domains under that account, and then move the contents from the other server to the approriate places on the new server. It’s a very manual process.

Hi Paul,

I understand what you are saying here. So, my follow-up questions are now;

• Will you publicize a guide on how to do manual exports in the most effort-less way?
  • Will there be scripts that can be run by the commandline interface to fix, for example, user access rights for mail/web-related files as well as imported databases (etc) for these master domains turned slave domains?

Has anyone else noticed an inaccurate “SiteWorx Accounts:” line on Nodeworx Home? Mine is showing as 18/Unlimited when actually I have about 8 Siteworx accounts.

Also are there any known bugs for the SSH page? My SSH page states that SSH is down when it is not, when using the start button it reports that the service was started but yet it still shows as Stopped (meanwhile i can connect via SSH. Possible config error???).

[quote=awalsh;12328]Has anyone else noticed an inaccurate “SiteWorx Accounts:” line on Nodeworx Home? Mine is showing as 18/Unlimited when actually I have about 8 Siteworx accounts.

Also are there any known bugs for the SSH page? My SSH page states that SSH is down when it is not, when using the start button it reports that the service was started but yet it still shows as Stopped (meanwhile i can connect via SSH. Possible config error???).[/quote]

Just upgraded from RC1 to RC2
Siteworx accounts are correct in the nodeworx home page on my server.
SSH is running and shows as running on the nodeworx SSH option page, But although SSH is online i cannot log in as root, i get access denied each time i try my password.
Using username “root”.
Access denied.
Unable to authenticate
Allow Root Login is set to yes and all users are in the allowed list, infact no user can login to SSH.
allow root login does not seem to make any difference to what its set to.
So i am now locked out of root again.

The update from RC1 to RC2 went great. Looks like everything is running smoothly so far. :slight_smile:

This is actually a pre-existing “bug” that is being exposed now that we display the number of accounts being used. On occasion, when an account is deleted, the matching row in the nodeworx_siteworx_map table (the table that tracks which accounts belong to which nodeworx user) doesn’t get updated.

Please open a ticket with your root and NodeWorx login information. We’ll look into the ssh problem and we’ll fix up your account mis-count. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=bear;12329]Just upgraded from RC1 to RC2
Siteworx accounts are correct in the nodeworx home page on my server.
SSH is running and shows as running on the nodeworx SSH option page, But although SSH is online i cannot log in as root, i get access denied each time i try my password.
Using username “root”.
Access denied.
Unable to authenticate
Allow Root Login is set to yes and all users are in the allowed list, infact no user can login to SSH.
allow root login does not seem to make any difference to what its set to.
So i am now locked out of root again.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bear, I just responded to the support ticket you have open with us regarding this issue.

The “Directory Options” section is sweeeeet.

Request: Is it possible to have the directory to which you are trying to reflect the change noted somewhere on the page itself? Meaning, let’s say I select “PhpVariables” as what I want to modify for a particular directory, when the new window opens up there’s no indication that you are in the directory you selected. It would be a nice double-check before you hit Update to know you are affecting the right directory.

JB

Request: Is it possible to have the directory to which you are trying to reflect the change noted somewhere on the page itself? Meaning, let’s say I select “PhpVariables” as what I want to modify for a particular directory, when the new window opens up there’s no indication that you are in the directory you selected. It would be a nice double-check before you hit Update to know you are affecting the right directory.

Sure JB, that’s a good idea, and pretty easy. I’ll get that included.

Paul

In nodeworx DNS Management my nameservers have changed there original order that i had setup.

my original setup:-

primary dns ns3.mydomain.biz
secondary dns ns4.mydomain.biz
Tertiary dns ns1.mydomain.com

since the upgrade:-

primary dns ns1.mydomain.com
secondary dns ns3.mydomain.biz
Tertiary dns ns4.mydomain.biz

If i try and change them back to how they where originally setup, when rechecking the nameserver settings again they have changed back to ns1 as primary, ns3 as secondary etc

Primary nameserver is correct dns zones, domain records though.
Reseller dns management nameservers are correct also.

Good catch Gary, this was a side effect of the new DNS template system. In most cases it picked the “correct” order, since most folks probably choose ns1.x as the primary, etc. I’ve patched your server Gary, and the fix will be included in the release.

Paul

Here’s a good one:

System Services/SSH Server page. The default (now?) is to have SSH for root denied. However, if you don’t manually choose to update the default settings after upgrading, root is allowed to login via SSH (see attached screenshot).

Once I chose to “Update” the default settings, root was denied access.

JB

Something else that I’ve noticed is that the Learn Spam/Ham feature got reset once I upgraded.

I guess I will have to retrain those 5000 spam emails. :slight_smile:

Hi JB,

I agree the default when there’s no explicit PermitRootLogin line in the sshd conf file should be displayed as “Yes” instead of “No” since that appears to be the default behavior.

Also, make sure you’ve grabbed the latest RC2 RPMS (in the first post above). The initial RC2 RPMS (3.0.1-16) had another SSH page bug related to the root user that is fixed in the 3.0.1-17 batch.

[QUOTE=thinksmart12;12342]Something else that I’ve noticed is that the Learn Spam/Ham feature got reset once I upgraded.

I guess I will have to retrain those 5000 spam emails. :)[/QUOTE]
This was a neccessary evil, for some reason the “auto expiring” of the bayes database that is supposed to occur over time wasn’t working, and the bayes databases were growing in size out of control, into the gigabytes range, and causing slowness and problems with mail delivery for some folks.

We’ve added explicit forcing of bayes expiration in this release to resolve this problem, but we had to start the bayes db from scratch unfortunately.

Paul

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;12343]Hi JB,

I agree the default when there’s no explicit PermitRootLogin line in the sshd conf file should be displayed as “Yes” instead of “No” since that appears to be the default behavior.

Also, make sure you’ve grabbed the latest RC2 RPMS (in the first post above). The initial RC2 RPMS (3.0.1-16) had another SSH page bug related to the root user that is fixed in the 3.0.1-17 batch.[/QUOTE]

This was with RC2 - thanks for the heads up.

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;12344]This was a neccessary evil, for some reason the “auto expiring” of the bayes database that is supposed to occur over time wasn’t working, and the bayes databases were growing in size out of control, into the gigabytes range, and causing slowness and problems with mail delivery for some folks.

We’ve added explicit forcing of bayes expiration in this release to resolve this problem, but we had to start the bayes db from scratch unfortunately.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Will the existing bayes database be included from version 2 to version 3? I surely hope so, having a database consisting of over 35.000 learned spam respectively over 40.000 learned ham mails.

No, it will not. It’s probably doing more harm than good with that many messages with zero expiration. It’s better to start from scratch. You can backup bayes database if you really want to, prior to upgrading. Do this with

grep iworx_spam ~iworx/iworx.ini
dsn="mysql://iworx:XXXXXXXXXXX@unix(/home/interworx/var/run/mysql.sock)/iworx_spam"

XXXXXXXXXXX is the password you need.  Then do

mysqldump -S ~iworx/var/run/mysql.sock -u iworx -p iworx_spam > bayesbackup.sql
<enter the password you got above when it asks)

Then, after upgrading to 3.0

mysql -S ~iworx/var/run/mysql.sock -u iworx -p iworx_spam < bayesbackup.sql
<enter the password again>

Paul

Thank you, I will note this down. It is the same with the ham database, right?! And btw, will you send out a notice in due time before the update is pushed out?

Yes, it’s the same with the ham database. There will be at a minimum notification via the forums before the offical release, yes.

Paul