InterWorx-CP 3.0-RC2 Available

You can, just click on the domain title at the top and it will sort it by that

What must I say…I feel so stupid. I realy didn’t know that.

Thanks for your advice.

I think that there is a bug in the mass import feature, I imported an account on our Iworx 3 RC 2 test server and it gave me this failure report:

Archive file : /tmp/cpbmmO6Si.tar.gz
Working directory : /tmp/siteworxoldimports3Sa3k
Archive extracted successfully
Data archive extracted successfully
Setting IP address : 123.456.789.0
Loaded Domain : 000000000000000.com
Setting backup options : ALL
Loaded package option : Bandwidth => 999999999
Loaded package option : Burstable => 1
Loaded package option : CGI Access => 0
Loaded package option : Crontab Access => 0
Loaded package option : E-mail Aliases => 999999999
Loaded package option : E-mail Autoresponders => 999999999
Loaded package option : E-mail Boxes => 999999999
Loaded package option : E-mail Groups => 999999999
Loaded package option : FTP Accounts => 999999999
Loaded package option : MySQL Databases => 999999999
Loaded package option : MySQL Users => 999999999
Loaded package option : Pointer Domains => 999999999
Loaded package option : Resolve DNS Names => 0
Loaded package option : Save Web Transfer Logs => 0
Loaded package option : ScriptWorx => 0
Loaded package option : SSL Access => 0
Loaded package option : Storage Space => 999999999
Loaded package option : Subdomains => 999999999
Loaded package option : Secondary Domains => 0
Loaded package option : Account Backup => 1
Loaded master user : info@webxtra.nl
Master language loaded : en-us
Loaded unix user : zerozero
Loaded shell user account : zerozero ( /sbin/nologin )
Loaded e-mail account : postmaster@000000000000000.com
Loaded spam status : Disabled
Quota Sanity Checking
Setting Reseller ID : 1
Zone already exists

I imported this account without any problems on several other servers.

It says

Zone already exists

but the zone doesn’t exist, I double checked.

Open a ticket, and we’ll check it out. :slight_smile:

Backup Storage error

When I go to my NodeWorx Backup Overview I see the Storage used in MB’s but when I go to the specific domain manage page I see the real amount in KB’s.

The domain manage page is the correct one.

See the two attachments

[QUOTE=rone;12436]When I sellect a module or all and then sellect “download” nothing happen. In ScriptWorx “overview” is everything “enabled”.

Any solution?

!!! problem found: This is only with Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Java 6 all other browsers working fine.[/QUOTE]

Hi rone,

Do you have an firefox modules enabled, like NoScript or anything that would block javascript from functioning? I haven’t been able to reproduce this with Firefox 2.0.0.3.

Paul

[quote=IWorx-Paul;12467]Hi rone,

Do you have an firefox modules enabled, like NoScript or anything that would block javascript from functioning? I haven’t been able to reproduce this with Firefox 2.0.0.3.

Paul[/quote]

I don’t have any modules like that, only FireFTP and Quickrestart, Minimize to Tray. I have tried this with IE7 and Last Opera and all was working fine. Also on other computer with older version of Firefox with java5 was no problem.
Maybe it’s the latest version of java(6) that gives problems?! Because I have also other sites that use Java that are not function good anymore.

ps. did you saw my post about the backup (Mb’s and Kb’s) issue?

[QUOTE=Justec;12446]SiteWorx Backup/Restore (NodeWorx Level)

I was removing an account no longer needed and did a SiteWorx backup just to keep a backup on file. Since I was going to delete this account anyway I decided to test out the restore feature.

I renamed the main index file in the public_html area so the site didn’t load. I then clicked on restore in nodeworx and and it said that this account exist and that it would overwrite all the data I clicked ok and it said it restored it, but the file I created adsfasdf was still there (mv home.php adsfasdf) and home.php was not.

Not a big deal, but I just thought it worked differently. So to do a full test would I need to delete the SiteWorx account and then do an import using a backed up copy of the iworx-backup file?[/QUOTE]

Forgot to update this thread. :slight_smile: This is a confirmed bug, and it has been fixed for the next RC release.

Yep, confirmed this display bug. Will be fixed.

Paul

Backup function for two domains not working

I have added two domains in Nodeworx under Siteworx. When I wan’t backup those account’s It says it is going to but it won’t create any backup. You can find them with the blue marked icons “No Backup”

I don’t know if this is a bug but I think it is important enough to report it to you.

I have open a ticket so you can take a look at it.

[QUOTE=rone;12482]I have added two domains in Nodeworx under Siteworx. When I wan’t backup those account’s It says it is going to but it won’t create any backup. You can find them with the blue marked icons “No Backup”

I don’t know if this is a bug but I think it is important enough to report it to you.

I have open a ticket so you can take a look at it.[/QUOTE]

I just responded to your ticket, Rone. For those who are interested:

The problem here was a permissions issue. The NodeWorx backup management page needs read access to the /home/username/domain.com/iworx-backup dir. The default permissions for that directory are chmod 770 and chown/chgrp iworx/username. When I took a look, the
/home/username/domain.com/iworx-backup dir was username.username instead of iworx.username. Looking inside the iworx-backup dir, all the backups were there, but because the web interface didn’t have read access to that directory, the web interface showed 0 backups. Doing a ‘chown iworx’ on the iworx-backup dir fixed the problem.

Is the Demo down? Unable to load.

Demo should be back up now.

This thread is now locked, InterWorx-CP 3.0-RC3 is now available. See this thread and update your RC2 servers: http://interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2021