InterWorx-CP 3.0-RC3 Available

yes still there,
thank you for your reply and help :smiley:

[quote=IWorx-Paul;12661]If it still doesn’t work, run this from the command line:

~iworx/bin/upgrade.pex --version=3.0.1
then
service iworx restartweb

Paul[/quote]

yes , wait not work, but after runing upgrade.pex --version=3.0.1 now work correctly : )
Thanks

Hi

something i have noticed with interworx 3 when i have high server loads it is imposable to get into nodeworx or sitworx cp, very slowly trys to loads the page but never actually loads the cp panel.
With interworx 2 even with high server loads i could get into nodeworx, obviously was slightly slower but i could still browse/navigate nodeworx/siteworx.
Also with the old version with high loads after a period of time Apache would restart or it did with my server, this does not happen with this version.

i am getting this error since the late update:

tinydns-data: fatal: unable to move data.tmp to data.cdb: file does not exist

once a day this one:

/usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDbUtil.php(47): DB Error: connect failed

----- DEBUG STACKTRACE BEGIN -----
/usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDebug.php debug_printstacktrace (286)
/usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDbUtil.php debug_die (47)
/usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDbUtil.php db_connect (516)
/usr/local/interworx/include/siteworx/SiteWorx.php db_connect (1996)
/usr/local/interworx/cron/iworx.php getidlist (261)
/usr/local/interworx/cron/iworx.php iworx_bandwidth (110)
/usr/local/interworx/cron/iworx.php iworx_fively (69)
/usr/local/interworx/cron/iworx.php iworx (43)
----- DEBUG STACKTRACE END -----

also the SSHD that i already posted about

whats causing this error as i am getting this one every hour now ?

SPF Records. SPF and cluster

Hi,

With the V3.0 release it is now possible to :

• Create a DNS template and so use a SPF template
  • Use a record type named SPF (rather than TXT)

Ok I’ll give you an example and ask you how this example could be set in V3.0

Say we have a domain name called domain.com .

• this domain has a A dns record.
  • The mx for this domain is so mail.domain.com
  • And finally the mail server on the box which host this domain is called clust01.domain.com

So we should create a SPF record like this one

v=spf1 a mx ~all

Which means that for this domain, the A and MX record can send email and all others should normally not !

ps: v=spf1 means that it is a TXT record and not a SPF one, right, so for a SPF record type what is the syntax ?

The SPF wizard also talk about the HELO domain used by the mail server :

If you run BIND
Paste this into your zone file:

carat-hosting.com. IN TXT “v=spf1 a mx ~all”

When a mail server sends a bounce message, it uses a null MAIL FROM: <>, and a HELO address that’s supposed to be its own name. SPF will still operate, but in “degraded mode” by using the HELO domain name instead. Because this wizard can’t tell which name your mail server uses in its HELO command, it lists all possible names, so there may be multiple lines shown below. If you know which hostname your mail server uses in its HELO command, you should pick out the appropriate entries and ignore the rest.

So this should also appear in DNS. You may or may not be in charge of the DNS for these entries; if you are, add them.

clust01.domain.com. IN TXT “v=spf1 a -all”
mail.domain.com. IN TXT “v=spf1 a -all”

If you run tinydns (djbdns)

'domain.com:v=spf1 a mx ~all:3600
'clust01.domain.com:v=spf1 a -all:3600
'mail.domain.com:v=spf1 a -all:3600

So it explains that we also have to add the name the mail server use and we have to add a SPF records in the DNS for this name.

It looks like that for TinyDns we have to add a SPF record for the MX server, for the A record and also for the mail server name !

'domain.com:v=spf1 a mx ~all:3600
'clust01.domain.com:v=spf1 a -all:3600
'mail.domain.com:v=spf1 a -all:3600

[B]How this could be created with :

• The dns template
  • directly for a domain
    [/B]

Finally, I have a special case which is cluster.

We do a load-balncing for smtp/pop3/imap connexion, in fact all mails are sent not from the cluster manager it self (clust01.domain.com) but from a node called clust02.domain.com (but with the IP of the MX/A record for this domain)

So we’d also add the name of the mail server of the nodes that could send emails !?
is it correct ?

So to conclude we should have, for one domaine, few SPF records :

'domain.com:v=spf1 a mx ~all:3600 —> the A record
'mail.domain.com:v=spf1 a -all:3600 —> the MX record
'clust01.domain.com:v=spf1 a -all:3600 —> the name of the mail server on the CM
'clust02.domain.com:v=spf1 a -all:3600 —> the name of the mail server on the node

and in fact
'clustXX.domain.com:v=spf1 a -all:3600 —> the name of the mail server on every nodes that could sent an email (and a bounce message)

Is it correct ?

If yes how could we set up this in interworx v3.0 using the DNS template for new domains and using the dns editor for existing domains ?

Thanks a ton

Pascal

That means there was a problem creating the DNS data, sometimes related to server load. If it’s happening consistently we should take a look via a support ticket and see what’s going on.

/usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDbUtil.php(47): DB Error: connect failed

----- DEBUG STACKTRACE BEGIN -----
/usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDebug.php debug_printstacktrace (286)
/usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDbUtil.php debug_die (47)
/usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDbUtil.php db_connect (516)
/usr/local/interworx/include/siteworx/SiteWorx.php db_connect (1996)
/usr/local/interworx/cron/iworx.php getidlist (261)
/usr/local/interworx/cron/iworx.php iworx_bandwidth (110)
/usr/local/interworx/cron/iworx.php iworx_fively (69)
/usr/local/interworx/cron/iworx.php iworx (43)
----- DEBUG STACKTRACE END -----

This just means a connection to the iworx database failed. If this just happens once, it could be a result of high load on the server. If it happens often, it could mean the iworx database is down - so you could try restarting iworx with
service iworx restart

also the SSHD that i already posted about

This messages are from the SIM software - it appears it is over zealous about when it thinks SSHD is down for some reason. To confirm this, on the SSH config page in NodeWorx, set the Auto-restart SSH option to “No”, and see if those messages stop.

Paul

Hi,

With the V3.0 release it is now possible to :

• Create a DNS template and so use a SPF template
  • Use a record type named SPF (rather than TXT)…

These are all very good questions Pascal. We’ve found at least one bug with the SPF record type in NodeWorx, so I’m going to fix that, and then go through and try to answer all your questions.

Paul

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;12682]These are all very good questions Pascal. We’ve found at least one bug with the SPF record type in NodeWorx, so I’m going to fix that, and then go through and try to answer all your questions.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Ok cool :wink:

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;12682]These are all very good questions Pascal. We’ve found at least one bug with the SPF record type in NodeWorx, so I’m going to fix that, and then go through and try to answer all your questions.

Paul[/QUOTE]

I’ve tested the SPF record in the demo and there is this bug (maybe and surely the one you found)

Host: [?]  	                  Type: [?]  	 Target: [?]  	 TTL: [?]
demo-iworx3.interworx.com 	                         a mx -all      43200
dns-template.com 		                         a mx ~all 	43200

The Type field is empty

Also about the SRV dns type.

I’m not a DNS guru but the service type allow to map a hostname to a service type, like for example, tell that the hostname toto.domain.com is a HTTP server ? right ?

Did you add this with the idea to use this record type for the cluster ?
Maybe to allow a HA in the cluster (if the CM 1 is dead then CM 2 is set on) ?

Do you know what is the real utility of this, because as far as I know there isn’t a lot of client ables to read this kind of information ?

Pascal

Hi, when logging into the control panel, most of the pages are broken (without styles), including the file manager.
Any tips?

[QUOTE=thinksmart12;12730]Hi, when logging into the control panel, most of the pages are broken (without styles), including the file manager.
Any tips?[/QUOTE]

Are you using your own custom theme?

Sorry for posting that, I found out my internet connection was slow. :slight_smile:

I want add spf records , just need select template SPF and add on the box:

v=spf1 a mx ~all

That is all?

Its correct this: v=spf1 a mx ~all

?

Don’t cross-post, I responded to your other thread.

Ok sorry, thanks for repply.

This thread is now locked, InterWorx-CP 3.0-RC4 is now available. See this thread and update your RC3 servers: http://interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2048