InterWorx-CP 3.0-RC3 Available

[QUOTE=Henrik;12580]Will there be a RC4?
(and how far away is the final release of v3?)[/QUOTE]
There will only be a RC4 if there are some significant bugs found in RC3 that we feel deserve more “testing time” by the community. If that doesn’t happen, the next release will be the final release of v3, which will probably be in about a week, give or take.

Paul

Did the API change? I can no longer create accounts with modernbill.

This is the error I receive.

[ERROR:] xml-rpc fault occurred.
Fault code: 902
Fault description:

Upon further investigation, that error came after it created the account on the server. The initial api popub did not give any feedback so modernbill did not know the account was created. I got the error when I ran agian.

Hi Peterz. Error code 902 is indeed “Domain already exists”. So, as far as you can tell, was the account created successfully in the InterWorx side, even though modernbill apparently didn’t know it?

Paul,

Not sure if this is allowed or a bug or if I did something wrong. I logged in via Nodeworx, was looking into an account so I clicked on Siteworx link, and wanted to create another user with access to everything. When I submit it brings me to the Siteworx home with all the links and stuff as variables and no account is created.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yes, the account was created, modernbill just did not know. Of course I did not know for a little bit either … at least this was not as “fun” as tracking down my firewall issue today…

[QUOTE=xk.James;12584]Paul,

Not sure if this is allowed or a bug or if I did something wrong. I logged in via Nodeworx, was looking into an account so I clicked on Siteworx link, and wanted to create another user with access to everything. When I submit it brings me to the Siteworx home with all the links and stuff as variables and no account is created.

Any ideas?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi James,

It looks like this was a result of the error during the upgrade script that you experienced. I went ahead and fixed this on your server, you should be able to add a new siteworx user successfully now.

Paul

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;12581]There will only be a RC4 if there are some significant bugs found in RC3 that we feel deserve more “testing time” by the community. If that doesn’t happen, the next release will be the final release of v3, which will probably be in about a week, give or take.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the answers, in time for the update I guess it is time to change to manual instead of automatic updates :wink:

Hi

not sure if this is anything to do with the interworx but since RC2 update i have been seeing this in my logwatch report.
I run latest interworx RC3.0.1-26 but still shows this in the report, why does it look like its starting and stopping so many times.
I guess that it is when apache restarts daily.

################### Logwatch 7.3 (03/24/06)###################
Processing Initiated: Thu Apr 19 04:02:16 2007

--------------------- SSHD Begin ------------------------

SSHD Killed: 11 Time(s)

SSHD Started: 11 Time(s)

---------------------- SSHD End -------------------------

Also does RC3 now support the latest version of APF 0.9.6 could that be added to the final ?

thanks

Gary

What is the procedure for adding new scripts to ScriptWorx in 3.0?

See; http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12533#post12533

maybe it will help. There is a sampleScript.php in the ~iworx/include/scriptworx/ folder which will help :wink:

Thanks, I must of missed that some how.

Is it possible to make an enable and disable function for scheduled backup?

With interworx 2.1.3 I just edited the template so that users can’t create a scheduled backup. But I get lost with this template :wink:

The reason for this is that we make backups every night, also, users tend to put all their backups on the same time (like 12 AM) and then the load goes sky high on a machine with 400 accounts backing up at the same time.

Bottom line: we only want to give the users the possibility to backup now.

[QUOTE=WebXtrA;12630]Is it possible to make an enable and disable function for scheduled backup?

With interworx 2.1.3 I just edited the template so that users can’t create a scheduled backup. But I get lost with this template ;)[/QUOTE]

That’s a fun template. isn’t it? :slight_smile: Here’s what you would do:

Look for (should be line 189):

<ul class="backup_main_option">

and delete to the matching/closing (should be line 255).

</ul>

After deleting that block, put

##LG_BACKUPNOW##"

in it’s place. The final code block should look like:

<tr class="{cycle}">
      <td width="10%" class="right top nowrap">
        <label>##LG_BACKUP_WHEN##:</label>
      </td>
      <td>
        ##LG_BACKUPNOW##
      </td>
    </tr>

Alternatively, you could delete that row entirely.

Next, look for:

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="create">

and after that line, add:

<input type="hidden" name="input[when]" value="now">

so the final result should look like this:

<tr id="datatable_footer">
      <td colspan="2">
          <input type="hidden" name="action" value="create">
          <input type="hidden" name="input[when]" value="now">
          <input type="submit"
                 name="backup_button"
                 class="button"
                 id="backup_button"
                 value="##LG_BACKUP##">
      </td>
    </tr>

That should do the trick.

Hello

Could it be possible to have a full documentation about the new API (client version v2). Indeed Paul began to give us some informations (HERE), but I’d like to know if there is more infos and we’d like to have a detailled doc

• List of all API functions (create, suspend, unsuspend, delete, UPDATE ???, …)
  • List of the detailled params for these functions
  • some examples

Will you update the interworx.com website and offer a full documentation ?

We already spoke of this with Tim. I think the interworx website is made of text files. Would it be possible to have some of these text files to translate them and be able to propose a documentation in French or others languages. The other solution could be to have a documentation in a PDF format or something else to allow us to translate it and diffuse it.
Indeed I think it is important for Interworx and for the interworx resellers to be able to give to their customers a detailled and complete documentation in others language than English. At least the Siteworx documentation part should be easily “translated able”

As you might understand I don’t want to remake the world and rewrite docs that has been already written. So if we could start to translate a documentation from something that alrady exists it could be great for you, us and our/your customers

Voila, the idea of a mutli-language doc is sent !

Any idea about how this could be done ?

Thanks

Pascal

Pascal,

The API documentation (the PDF file you already have) will indeed be updated as soon as one of the developers who actually understands it has time to do so. The list of error codes has already been added to the Developer Guide in the staging site and will go live when we publish the site.

As for your request to translate docs, we need Chris’s approval but it should not be a problem to provide you with some raw text files to do as you suggest. We really aren’t equipped to reformat all of that into PDF. It might just be easier for you to work from the HTML though unless you have someone familiar with wikicode as that is what the text files are formatted as.

You should know that the howto section of the docs is still out of date and in the process of being restructured due to the fact that some of SiteWorx and NodeWorx interface has changed with 3.0, so if you started something before we finished that some things would need to be changed later.

As you and I have already discussed I totally agree that the docs should be as accessable as possible to everyone, including non english speakers :slight_smile:

Just a couple of quick questions
Does RC3 now support the latest version of APF 0.9.6 could that be added to the final ?

In sitworx and nodeworx where can i edit the “help tab/icon” that takes you to interworx.com main site, i want to change the url address.

Thank you

The Interworx ‘help’ URL was always editable in ~iworx/iworx.ini - just search for the help url, so unless it’s changed in V3, I’d imagine it’s still there :slight_smile:

Very strange i installed iworx on new server, the upgrade to RC3

I not see the webmail new login page with webmail selector, why?

If you don’t see the new login/webmail chooser page, wait 5 minutes. InterWorx needs to restart its webserver automatically after the upgrade to make this feature enabled, and that can take up to 5 minutes after you upgrade the RPMs.

If it still doesn’t work, run this from the command line:

~iworx/bin/upgrade.pex --version=3.0.1
then
service iworx restartweb

Paul