New Features Teaser!

Paul, when will be released the new version?

We’re just about to the point that we can accept beta testers for the new release :). If you’re interested in helping test, please e-mail me at poehler@interworx.com, and put “BETA TESTING” in the e-mail subject.

Thanks!

Paul

I’d like to point out that the below features must be added. Its been a long time coming.

• apache update/compile feauture similar to Cpanel’s WHM.
  • browser (file managed & editor) inside Nodeworx for quick GUI based system file edits (ie, php.info ,httpd.conf, etc)
  • better firewall (CSF)
  • enhanced spam protection (like’s WHM’s)
  • auto backup feature (seriously, why is this not here yet?)

If I think of more, I’ll post.

Cabizied -

Apache currently IS updated through the system, using the System Updates command. This is reliant on your upstream providers package repository, however. If you’re using a repo that builds/releases more often, you’ll get the updates faster. Something like the CentOS repos, however, update rather infrequently.

We’ve actually added editors for a few conf files, but only those for services that provide a good syntax checker. http, ssh, and ftp are all in the new version, though you can disable this if you’d prefer.

Tim

[QUOTE=IWorx-Tim-Pgh;16199]Cabizied -

Apache currently IS updated through the system, using the System Updates command. This is reliant on your upstream providers package repository, however. If you’re using a repo that builds/releases more often, you’ll get the updates faster. Something like the CentOS repos, however, update rather infrequently.

We’ve actually added editors for a few conf files, but only those for services that provide a good syntax checker. http, ssh, and ftp are all in the new version, though you can disable this if you’d prefer.

Tim[/QUOTE]

What repository do you advise we use? A lot of my services are not fully up to date (roundcube webmail wont install as a result). I just don’t want to cause problems by adding another repository that may update something that Iworx doesnt like.

If you’re trying to install RoundCube into the Interworx instance of apache, it wont work at the moment, as the PHP version is too low :wink:

Luckily, according to the first post in this thread, “We’ve upgraded the internal version of PHP to 5.2.x”… which means Roundcube should work in the new beta version. It may even be included as standard :wink:

Yes it is :slight_smile:

Yeah, so I have seen :wink: :smiley:

We all have seen :wink:

IMHO, if your trying to install RoundCube into 3.x, I personally wouldn’t do it, go find another project to place your time and energy into, as this will be coming soon enough.

Please integrate greylisting support - for example greylite - may be possible to configure by mail domain? Greylisting is very important and simple way to kill a lot of spam - too important to ignore.

Actually, we did get it working, although we actually hosted it on the main system apache and aliased it via there, or Proxied it, can’t remember, it was a few months back.

We all have seen :wink:

You like the Beta then, too? :wink:

[QUOTE=EverythingWeb;16213]

You like the Beta then, too? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I really like the new 4.0. The Beta seems to be very stable at least from what I have seen. Have a few minor issues, but all worked out, but all in all, very smooth for a Beta.

I agree. Definately a huge improvement. We’ve spotted a couple of minor bits and suggested a couple of things, but all in all, excellent job by the Interworx guys :wink:

I’m looking forward to getting information on the new API.

Three things I would REALLY like to see would be a website widget system similar to ModernBill’s. If you aren’t familiar with this I will be more than happy to explain if asked. The second would be the ability to fully disable a client site. The reality is that e-mail tends to be more important than the websites for many small clients and the bad ones will not pay until e-mail no longer works. One last thing that would be worth looking into in my opinion would be implementing the apache2 event mpm. It is now stable with mod_rewrite & mod_ssl and such. I was going to recompile apache2 to enable this for testing when I realized that you have your own apache rpm in interworx. Is this RPM purely for the administration interface or is it also used for serving pages?

Disregard the web widgets part. I was working on an awbs template at the time and I was missing the ModernBill widgets. :slight_smile:

Is this RPM purely for the administration interface or is it also used for serving pages?

The interworx-apache is purely used for hosting the Interworx web interfaces. The main system apache is only used for serving customer sites.

hows beta testing going ?
how long before rc1 ?

Feature hints…

Can any of the interworx guys give us an idea of what previously “unreleased/unmentioned officially to the masses” features we can expect to see? Hopefully, the public release is getting close. I know I am definitely looking forward to the multiple external mysql server support and the improvements in memory usage & speed!

Well, there shouldn’t be too many additional surprises at this point - we’re pretty much in a feature freeze, trying to polish up the beta and smooth out a few interface issues.

In fact, the only large “new” feature I can think of is a new importer for migration of Plesk 9 backups.

The beta testing is going quite well, and I can tell you that we’re truly approaching release. We’re not doing a formal “beta 1, beta 2, rc1, rc2” etc style rollout - the “beta” release has actually already had 37 builds released. Nothing as formal as nightlies, but when we commit a big fix, after the unit tests (about 2700 of them now!) pass, we build and push it to the beta Yum repository.

Tim

Are you still taking early upgrades (aka beta)? Maybe I’ll jump in at some point, but since I’m running a production server didn’t want to be in the first beta round.