problems with V5.0.15 fresh install

Hello guys
I changed my server and tried to install a fresh version of interworx . Now i have big problems in a fresh CENTOS6.5 ınterworx 5.0.15 install .
First of all after installation and entering license key i got :
“replyCode: 500replyText: Generic Server Issue
replyData:
null”

after i log in to panel , system graphs are not working . (image attached)

when i try to import a backup file i got error :
“B Error: connect failed [nativecode=Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client] ** mysql://iworx:fjt8wn1lkj@unix(/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock)/mysql”

and when i go into mysql server page it just looks like running but no version information or settings available

What is wrong with interworx new installs ??? how can i install older versions of interworx ? im dealing with this for two days , websites are down and people are pissed off !!! help me urgent plzz
all i did install a fresh interworx on a fresh centos 64 bit v6.5, and change the status of ip to shared and try to import backup .

Thanks

This solution can solve the mysql problem: http://forums.interworx.com/threads/8208-MySQL-Server-version-Unknown?p=26900#post26900

After fixing the mysql problem my graphs started to work. I don’t know why :smiley:

i am still not sure how to fix it , any step by step solution on this?

Hi cartman10mpi

If your not too sure I would open a support ticket with IW (nodeworx, remote support) and let IW correct it for you.

If you do, please ensure you turn on remote access and include in the ticket that remote access has been enabled. It will auto disable in 24 hours.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

i got the license from licensecart and as far as i know if the license is not directly from interworx , the support will not help me with it , i guess i need to contact licensecart support for this and again i am not sure when they will reply , i need to get this fixed fast :frowning:

Hi cartman10mpi

Mikes truly great with IW but as this is an IW install issue, I’m thinking they’ll correct it.

If you open an IW support ticket directly, please ensure you include this post.

If you open a ticket with licensecart, again please include this ticket but I know mike reads this forum regularly.

Please note though, if you need support for other issues, you would be best advised to go through licensecart, as it would not be an install failure due to IW.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

This is John’s solution how I made. But as John wrote, if you are not too sure better to open a support ticket! If you want to do yourself, make backup!

1. Open iworx.ini file and check [mysql] section, there is the mysql password in rootdsn line (rootdsn=“mysql://iworx:XXXXXXXXXXX@unix(/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock)/mysql”). XXXXXXXXXXX is your password :slight_smile:
  2. Open my.cnf file and append the following lines to [mysqld] section: old_passwords=1 and skip-grant-tables
  3. Restart mysql
  4. mysql -u root
    5A. UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD(‘XXXXXXXXXXX’) WHERE User=‘iworx’;
    5B. quit
  5. Change mysql root password in NodeWorx
  6. Remove skip-grant-tables from my.cnf
  7. Restart mysql

Hi dss

That’s a lovely post, detailing precisely what’s needed.

I wish I had wrote that but I’m on tapatalk from mobile, still onsite a clients, and not infront of pc, but doing things from memory

Many thanks for sharing

John

Thank you very much guys , I did the step by Step guide and it works now , everything looks normal . I will start importing websites now .

I really love interworx and its community , having you guys is awesome . THANK YOU

You’re welcome! Are the graphs working good after fixing mysql? What about the activation problem? Did you remove skip-grant-tables option? It’s very important! :slight_smile:

yes the graphs now working and i can successfully import websites , i already passed the activation so i am not sure if it is fixed or not . i removed the skip-grant-tables as you advised but old_passwords=1 is still there in config file .

Hi dss and cartman10mpi

The graphs data is held in the MySQL I believe, so I would expect it to start showing as expected.

The old password =1 is required, remember there are 2 MySQL versions installed, 1 for IW (ver4) and 1 for hosing (ver 5). If you remove or change old password to 0, then you will encounter issues due to hashing difference. This is not insurmountable but unless you understand the differences, may stop you for a while.

Glad it’s all working now and welcome to the forums, there’s a good crowd here who are knowledgable and like to help where we can

Many thanks

John

It’s OK! the old_passwords parameter is required with this version of IW. The new version will handle the new mysql password hash as I see.

Hi dss

That’s excellent news, good to hear.

Do you mind checking if both MySQL are ver 5 on centos 7

Appreciate it when you have time

Many thanks

John

Yes, I checked.

The current version uses: 5.1.73 for hosting and 4.0.21 for IW
The alpha uses: 5.5.40 MariaDB for hosting and 5.5.30 (iworx-db-55, I don’t know what kind of server is it exactly, I didn’t check) for IW, both using new hash algorithm

Hi dss

Excellent news, even better thank you

This means the webmail program’s can be the latest versions, and I’m thinking php will be running neat latest stable version.

Many thanks

John

I checked the versions:

Horde: 3.3.11
RoundCube: 1.0.3
SquirrelMail: 1.4.22
Hosting php: 5.4.16
IW php: 5.5.19

Thanks for your patience with this issue – it’s now resolved. If you see anything resembling it in the future, though, submit a ticket at https://support.interworx.com

Hi Brett

Excellent news, thanks.
I have tested this and can confirm all is well and works as expected.
Port 587 is not shown in Firewall, and not open after install - easily remedy by adding it into firewall though.
You guys rock
Many thanks
John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26923]Hi Brett

Excellent news, thanks.
I have tested this and can confirm all is well and works as expected.
Port 587 is not shown in Firewall, and not open after install - easily remedy by adding it into firewall though.
You guys rock
Many thanks
John[/QUOTE]

I can confirm!