Translators Wanted - Free License And $$$

Thanks Tim…

thi is a preview to the work, 1200lines translate!!

Bye!!

Looking good so far :slight_smile: Keep us aprised to your progress.

Thenks :smiley: 30% of admin panel is completed!!! :smiley:

@Ita-User: CHi vuole darmi na mano, ? sempre ben accetto :slight_smile:

Does anyone translate Traditional Chinese lang file here?
If there is Traditional Chinese language pack, could share with me?
If no one translated it, I think I will do it myself.

[quote=Paradise;10473]Does anyone translate Traditional Chinese lang file here?
If there is Traditional Chinese language pack, could share with me?
If no one translated it, I think I will do it myself.[/quote]

To my knowlege no one else has started this language. If you wanted to do it and submit it to us the offer Chris made in the beginning of the thread is still available.

That’s a good news.
Then could you send the lang file to me?
I’m not an user of InterWorx yet.
I’m considering which OS I should choose.
Would you please tell me what OS you recommend?
Which OS is most suitable for IW?
In fact my English is not good.
I wonder whether can finish the work of translating.

[quote=Paradise;10479]That’s a good news.
Then could you send the lang file to me?[/quote]

If you sand a Private message to IWorx-Socheat with your email address he can send it to you.

Please take a look at our Distro Guide:

There is a lot of info there to help you make a decision. We support Red Hat 9, CentOS and RHEL 3.x and 4.x, and Fedora Core 1-4.

We don’t have one officially recommended distro but we tend to be partial to CenOS 4 and it is (probably) the most tested. Unless you are an experienced Sys Admin I recommend you use Fedora Core 3 if you decide to use the Fedora line. While FC 4 “works” with InterWorx it does take some tweaking.

I wonder whether can finish the work of translating.

Perhaps you spoke before you thought it through :wink: That’s okay.

The free licenses are to the first peson who submits an acceptable language file, but since no one else has started one for this language there is no set deadline at this time. If there are terms which you don’t understand we can assist you by explaining them better, but yes we would need a complete and accurate translation.

That’s a good news.
Then could you send the lang file to me?
I don’t find any bad english here.

Nor do I :slight_smile:

Paradise, what I would recommend is that you do the translating and then find a (preferably tech savvy) friend or colligue that speaks both languages and have them go over it and give you feedback and suggestions. If you don’t know what something means we will be glad to give you an explanation.

We get a lot of requests for other languages than English, but we simply don’t have the resources to do and maintain these ourselves. Thus this offer. We’d rather have a less than perfect translation than no translation at all and since the language file needs to be updated with new releases there will be plenty of opportunity to make corrections later as needed. Don’t sell yourself short :smiley: What I meant in the previous post was that since no one else has volunteered to do this langage that there is no reall hurry.

Thanks tiger and IWorx-Tim.
When I get the lang file, I will try my best to translate it.
My English is not as good as you think.:o
I don’t know whether I can do it or not.
But this is a good chance to practice my English.:rolleyes:
If my use of English has something wrong, please let me know.
Thanks a lot!!
By the way, I always use English dictionary to help me.
So my English is really not good.:stuck_out_tongue:

No pressure Paradise, if you decide to do it great, if not that’s okay too.

My English is not as good as you think.
You are only going to read/understand the english text, so just getting the message and concept is needed and should be easier than to write in english (which you are not going to)

If my use of English has something wrong, please let me know.
They can’t let you know, they can’t find mistakes in translated text (chinese?) as they don’t know it. However you can query them regarding any (iworx) technical terms.

So my English is really not good.
I also can not say that mine is so good. But, I guess mine is not bad. BTW, I am not native english speaking or very good at english.

I have some problem.
Could anyone explain what is "Domain Exists (as a sub-domain)"and “Cron Jobs” mean?

“Domain Exists (as a subdomain)” means that the domain you are trying to create has already been created somewhere else on the system.

Cron Jobs are scheduled tasks. These are used in SiteWorx for example:

Let’s just say that you’ve installed a billing program (MB, Ubersmith, whatever), every day a specific script must be run at a specifig time to do things like generate due or overdue invoices or other tasks.

InterWorx also has cron jobs that are run daily, hourly, etc to perform tasks such as generating statistics reports, etc.

[quote=IWorx-Tim;10547]“Domain Exists (as a subdomain)” means that the domain you are trying to create has already been created somewhere else on the system.

Cron Jobs are scheduled tasks. These are used in SiteWorx for example:

Let’s just say that you’ve installed a billing program (MB, Ubersmith, whatever), every day a specific script must be run at a specifig time to do things like generate due or overdue invoices or other tasks.

InterWorx also has cron jobs that are run daily, hourly, etc to perform tasks such as generating statistics reports, etc.[/quote]
So"Domain Exists (as a subdomain)" is a warning message!?
I have another question.
Does “Site Usage Snapshot” mean that the whole website usage status?
And “Cannot change server status to used manually”?
And “User Logo”?
If I know where the words and the expressions display, I could know what they mean easier.
By the way, I found the encoding of InterWorx is iso-8859-1.
But I translate the lang file by utf-8.
Will it have any problem on showing of InterWorx?

Yes, that’s the only place I’ve ever seen it.

[quote=Paradise;10551] I have another question.
Does “Site Usage Snapshot” mean that the whole website usage status?[/quote]

What this is is a description of a table in SiteWor which shows most of the usefull site statistics/quotas such as bandwidth, storege, email, databases, etc allowed vs used

A dev will have to answer this one

One of our themes allows users to specify their own company logo

I don’t think the lang file tells you that but yes it does make things easier because that’s what I am thinking of when I answer your questions. You just need to use the panel and have experiences with it. Generally experienced users are going to have an easier time of translating.

[quote=Paradise;10551] By the way, I found the encoding of InterWorx is iso-8859-1.
Will it have any problem on showing of InterWorx?[/quote]

That’s a question for one of the Devs too.

[quote=IWorx-Tim;10552]Yes, that’s the only place I’ve ever seen it.

What this is is a description of a table in SiteWor which shows most of the usefull site statistics/quotas such as bandwidth, storege, email, databases, etc allowed vs used

A dev will have to answer this one

One of our themes allows users to specify their own company logo

I don’t think the lang file tells you that but yes it does make things easier because that’s what I am thinking of when I answer your questions. You just need to use the panel and have experiences with it. Generally experienced users are going to have an easier time of translating.

That’s a question for one of the Devs too.[/quote]
It’s hard to experience all panel features.:frowning:
It has to take long time to do that.:stuck_out_tongue:
Will Dev appear to answer the questions above?:confused:
I am sorry to bother you all the time.:stuck_out_tongue:

And “Cannot change server status to used manually”?

Actually, turns out that this is an unused string now, so don’t worry about translating this one. :slight_smile:

By the way, I found the encoding of InterWorx is iso-8859-1.
Will it have any problem on showing of InterWorx?

In the current version of InterWorx, you’ll need to edit two header files:
/home/interworx/nodeworx/smarty/templates/THEME/header.tpl
/home/interworx/siteworx/smarty/templates/THEME/header.tpl

and change the charset to “UTF-8”, where THEME is the name of the theme you’re using (examples: interworx, vanilla ice, or coolfreshness)

If you add the following near the top of your language file:
LG_CHARSET=utf-8

that should get you all set for the way character encoding is handled in v.3.0 :slight_smile:

Socheat

Another question…what does “Destination E-mail Address” “SLA Void” “catch-all” “Aliased IP Address” “Fraud” “Server At A Glance” “Provisioning” and "OptiGold ID"mean?
And what does all “CLIENT” mean of the system? Customer?
Many Many Many Questions.
I have only finished 15%.
I should go back to study English.
V3.0 sounds good.
I hope it can be released soon.
Then I would not have to edit header files for the charset.

[quote=Paradise;10554]It’s hard to experience all panel features.:frowning:
It has to take long time to do that.:stuck_out_tongue:
Will Dev appear to answer the questions above?:confused:
I am sorry to bother you all the time.:p[/quote]

Yes, I’ve used InterWorx for nearly 3 years now and even I haven’t seen everything :wink: It takes a long as it takes, as stated above you are the only one working on this language that we are aware of so there is no rush.

All InterWorx staff get all of the forum posts via email and we skim them regularly. My saing that was a gentle prompt for one of them to chime in (as Socheat just did). When that doesn’t happen expediently, I ask someone directly and either they post or I post for them.

It’s no bother at all :slight_smile:

“Destination E-mail Address” – the email address a message is addressed to.

“SLA Void” – SLA means Service Level Agreement, Void means it is invalidated.

“catch-all” – a catch all address is the address which all email addressed on a domain goes to unless a “real” address is in place

For example, if you have the addresses webmaster@mysite.com and me@mysite.com but have a catch all address (it can be something@mysite.com or an address on anoter domain), something sent to tim@mystite.com or socheat@mysite.com would be directed to the catchall address.

“Aliased IP Address” – this is one for a dev

“Fraud” – Fraud is when someone attempts to defraud you

“Server At A Glance” – the general server info

“Provisioning” – setting up an account

“OptiGold ID” – another one for a dev

“CLIENT” – the customer

Many Many Many Questions.
I have only finished 15%.
I should go back to study English.
V3.0 sounds good.

Yes, 3.0 is gonna be a great release. We’re anxious to get it out the door as well, but want to make sure it’s actually done and relatively bug free first :wink:

You may or may not have to edit the template headers for your character sets depending on what the charset is set to.